Best Head Coaches

ERHSBaseBall8

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to good ol' Eron Powers , aka Buddy Powers, aka Buddy "Love" of Riverdale High School. His record over the past 3 seasons is one of the best in the state. This year Coach Powers will not have Assistant Coach Barry Messer, who has taken over as Lebanons head coach. Im sure Coach Powers has hired a good new assistant, but not one with Messer's coaching skills and knowledge of the game. We will truely see how good Coach Powers is as a coach this year with a Riverdale team that has very average talent.

I would have to sy that Teddy Craig would have to be a pretty good candidate because of just what he has done in one year with our program. But i know coach Joe wingate and he was a coach here and a good one. Coach Garland went to school here as well so i would say east ridge creates a great love for the game..... wouldn't you...

The Coach with the most wins in the state as of this post -- Marshall County's Joe George. Coach George is a great person, not only is he a coach but a father to every kid he has ever coached. He is also a good family man.

Marshall County is mentioned every year when poll's come out and this year is no different, Ranked #2 in AA Baseball in the state. Not only are they always picked this way in preseason but they are usually there at post seaon time.

Yes a very biased opinion, but one that I think many will agree with.

Of course every good head coach has great assistants and this is also the case with Mike Reese and Steve Reese keeeping things rolling for Marshall County

Baseball.

Good Luck in "04 Tigers -- You have looked good so far in preseason !!!!

Coach Greene at Blackman has done a great job of getting Blackman to co-champions in 7AAA in just three years of the new school opening.He has lead the building and making of a great facility at Blackman.He has even done a great job of getting players seen by college coachs.He keeps up with all his boys grades even getting them togther after school to work on subjects they are weak in.His asstants are outstanding and i'm sure he is even getting them ready for their own head coaching jobs one day.We better enjoy Coach Greene now because it wont be long before some college gets wise and steals him away.By the way he has a state title he won at his previous school.So thats why my vote would go to Greene.