Unaka Parents Hit All Time Low

If you weren't at the Cloudland/Hancock County girls game on Wednesday night, then you missed the chance to see the Unaka parents hit an all time low with their behavior. Mind you, we weren't playing Unaka, yet when the Lady Landers ran out on the floor, the parents from Unaka (not the players) stood up and booed, with their thumbs down. Had I not seen it with my own eyes I would have had a hard time trying to image grown adults acting that way. They truly diminished any kind of dignity they might have had. Not only did they make themselves look like total jerks, but it makes the rest of us in Carter County look bad. Anyway, pat yourself on the back moms and dads, you are setting a great example for your kids to follow, I just hope they saw what you really looked liked last night and decide to take a better path thru life. Congratulations Rangers (players only) best of luck in your journey to state.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's like the pot calling the kettle black. it didn't help matter that your fans where cheering for uh during the boys games. and at milligan the language that was directed toward coach ensor and rusty was downright degrading. yes, its a shame that both schools can't pull for one another but there is two sides to every story. some Unaka fans were pulling for the highlanders to win both games.

Mind you that this crowd is going to be a decided minority of the parents. One of the things we strive for at Unaka is sportsmanship (I remember a decent number of awards for this in the trophy case) and while we don't always achieve it, I can think of very few basketball parents that would do that. Now I'm not trying to defend the actions of these people for a second, only girls team I've ever found worthy of booing at was UH on a couple of occasions. They should have been cheering for Cloudland, its much more satisfying to beat you. :lol: Also its not like Cloudland fans are above reproach in this category.

you've got some good kids and parents on the Cloudland boys team. It's some of the fans that you bring with you are the jerks. It's a shame that an (adult) and I use that term loosely, was yelling profanities at Rusty C. and at Donald the entire game. When Rusty won his awards this one person in particular was booing and still yelling profanities at Rusty. You know it's like Rusty said, individual accomplishments are great but he plays for the team not for himself. He said he'd be glad to share the MVP of the Tournament with Tolley because he had a great tournament and deserved the award as well. In the previous post someone said that rusty didn't give himself the award, but he was proud to accept it.

Maybe the highlander fan didn't agree with the award and I'm sure he wasn't the only one that disagreed with it but the way he conducted himself was ridiculous. At least the Unaka fans just booed and didn't shout obscene remarks toward the players.

So don't get on here and start on the Ranger fans, your fans started it at Milligan and it just happened to carry over to last night. I think you have selective memory loss as to what your girls did last year at milligan? Do I need to refresh your memory? Probably not....

Not only are you calling the kettle black but the Landers need to clean up their own backyard before they can step foot in ours.

I am one of the parents who booed the girls when they came out and I am going to explain why. For the last 7 years starting with youth club ball I have always taught my players and my own kids to be good sportsman/woman. Well year after year the Cloudland fans have been rude, crude and socially unacceptable. We were still good sports about it. Now for the past three High school years they have booed us, shouted absentities, tried to start things off the court and blamed us for cheating when we won. Well when I looked over at the Cloudland girls last night and they were jumping up and down and cheering against our Unaka Rangers then the red came out in me and I had finally had enough after holding back for 7 years.

If I embarrassed and Unaka Fan or Player I am truly sorry. That is not like me and I should not have stooped to their level.

Once again, you are trying to turn everything I said around to something totally different. I didn't say one word about the "fans", I was referring to the players' parents. Can you people not read?? I know that every school has fans that get rowdy and while I don't agree with it, there's not alot anybody can do about people like that. It is just a shame that parents resort to that kind of behavior, like the Ensor's, Coty Townsends mom, the lady that coached youth club ball and jr high (don't know her name or her daughters name) couldn't control their childish behavior instead of acting like they are kids. If you can agree with the way they acted, then you also are in need of some help. There is a huge difference in sitting there clapping for a team and standing there booeing them off the floor. I mean, are you parents forgetting these are kids out there playing the game? Everyone is judged at the end, curious as to how these adults will try to explain their actions.

I can't believe that you would come on here and admit that it was our girls that made you stoop to that level?????? You really don't know how low your behavior was, and then to say it was because of our kids. You would have been much better off to say it was because of our parents. The Unaka players really behaved in a fashionable manner, I was really impressed. But guess what, you parents just ruined it for them. Anyway, you can try to defend it any way you can, but the fact of the matter is, it can't be defended.

I'll have to agree with sportiemom...we've took crap from the fans and PARENTS of Cloudland players both girls and boys for 4 years that I know of. If it had been your child that they were cussing could you have sat there and been "sportsman like" I doubt it. And no you don't have to repeat yourself, you said parents not fans or players. But a spades a spade. Bad sportsman ship is just that whether it's fans, players or parents. You know sportiemom is right, it probably was wrong to stoop to your level and boo the girls, but as parents we've taken a lot of crap from Cloudland for a long time and I'm surprised that this hasn't happend way before now. But bottom line is, you're at the house and we're not. :blink:

Your fans, parents and players are just as guilty as the Unaka side was so stop pointing fingers.

You can justify it all you want, but it does't make you look any better, and what does us being at home have to do with it anyway. You can't take credit for that. I am the bigger person here, not going to resort to the child like ways you are trying to resort to, instead of discussing it in an adult manner. What happened 4 years or 6 years or 1 year ago doesn't make anything any better. Like I said before, best of luck Rangers, make Carter County proud!!

There you go calling the kettle BLACK. READ ~ I don't give a frap what you think. And while you are naming names and pointing fingers why dont you be brave and say who you are? Or should I just call you MISS PERFECT?

Will you please read this sportiemom and pretend you didn't type it. Doesn't it sound like something a child would say? My point has been proven by yourself.

Edited by highlanderfan40