District 8a Coaches

mrorange006

I have recently been informed of the selection for the district 8a mvp award. I am astonded that the young lady from Trousdale County known as Kaja Moore recieved this award. It absolutely blows my mind that a player in which does not advance past the first round of the district recieves this honor. I dont care what the excuse is or who you guys 'think' deserved it. The fact of the matter is that Sarah Jones from Westmoreland was unstoppable and each of you know it. She was the leader on the team in which advanced to the 2nd round of the region, and she is the one that averaged over 14 points a game and yet you do something like this to her on her senior season. There is nothing that can be said for this kind of crap and it is completely unbelieveable that even you(coaches-mentors to our young people)are overcome by jealously and revenge.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was shocked as well....i thought it was a given that jones was gonna get it

Hey sleep. I agree with you, it did seem like she'd get it. I'm from TC and I'll admit it. I've seen the Jones girl play and like I said on another post she's a great ball player, but so is Kaja. We can't take away the fact that both girls are good players. Yeah one might be better than the other but who are we to say that they both didn't deserve it. Good Luck in the future Kaja.

We can't take away the fact that both girls are good players. Yeah one might be better than the other but who are we to say that they both didn't deserve it.

Any one in their right minds could say that both of them didn't deserve it. Jones from Westmoreland clearly deserves this award. I am not saying that Moore from TC isn't a good player, however her team didn't even advance to second round of district tourney. I think that the people who chose the reciever of this award are completey out of their minds. Congrats to Sarah on a heck of a season, and congrats to the rest of the lady eagles for advancing this far.

The point is with or without Moore, TC would still have finished 6th in the district. Without Jones, we would have probably been a 3rd place team. Maybe next time we have an MVP candidate (probably next year with Benson), we should let everyone keep it close so the other coaches won't be mad and vote for someone else at the end of the year. If you are just jealous, give someone else Coach of the Year, I'm sure Coach Abner couldn't CARE LESS what other coaches in the district think about her...but don't take something away from an extremely deserving player.

The point is with or without Moore, TC would still have finished 6th in the district. Without Jones, we would have probably been a 3rd place team. Maybe next time we have an MVP candidate (probably next year with Benson), we should let everyone keep it close so the other coaches won't be mad and vote for someone else at the end of the year. If you are just jealous, give someone else Coach of the Year, I'm sure Coach Abner couldn't CARE LESS what other coaches in the district think about her...but don't take something away from an extremely deserving player.

I'm not jealous one bit. Coach Abner is a great coach. I'll agree she did deserve it. I'll admit that. Westmoreland has a great team and anytime their not playing us, I cheer for them. Heck I even went to the sub-state game in Westmoreland last year when ya'll was playing and sat on Westmorelands side. Was kinda hoping they would make it to the state this year. I love my Lady Jackets just like you love your Lady Eagles. Congratulations to all who made the All District Team.

TCFAN you wrote on a different thread that TC's coach didn't vote for Kaja, well, she can't vote for her own player

I was wrong. I didn't know that they couldn't vote for their own player. SORRY everybody. I thought they could. I hope I didn't ruffle anyone's feathers. Sorry if I did. Congrats to Westmoreland on a great season.

TCFan

Trousdale County Yellow Jackets District 8A Back-to-Back Champions 2003-2004