Congrats Cosby on 52-51 W over Wartburg!

TheAnswer9

Wow--what a ballgame between Cosby and Wartburg!! I thought the Oneida-Wartburg game would be impossible to top, but...the Cosby-Wartburg game topped it my friends!! Did I think Wartburg would win?? Yes, I did. I thought the long drive Cosby had to make 3 times in 4 days would be the difference, but...

Here is how the game went down:

Wartburg jumped out to a 16-4 lead. Cosby rallied back to make it a 25-24 game the break--favor of Wart. The contest was knotted up at 40-40 heading into the 4th. Wartburg took an early 43-40 lead in the 4th, but...Cosby would rally to take leads of 47-43, 49-45, and 51-48 before a Gunter 3 banked home with only seconds remaining. However, Wartburg was whistled for a foul--legit--from about 75 feet away with 2.1 seconds remaining. Cosby calmly sank the 1st charity toss to seal the victory, 52-51.

What is it with 1pt games, FTs, and fouls with these teams?? I believe Wartburg was 1-5 or 1-6 from the stripe in the 4th, darn it!!

Anyways, GOOD LUCK to the Lady Dawgs as they travel up the highway to Unaka on Saturday--girls you can do it. Cosby, you can do it, too!!!

Oh yea--how bout that 30+ feet 3ptr Cosby hit?? I was in shock!! Is that a common shot??

Just like her brother once Sheena Coggins crosses half court she is in range.

I am so proud of these girls. They started out 2-6 but have won the last 6 in a row.

So many of the games this year have come down to heart, hustle and desire.

The Cosby Lady Eagles have A Lot of all three.

Way to Go Girls...!!!