Dragons back on FIRE

cdragonz123

Now can someone please give Clinton some respect they deserve. They just beat every team from Knoxville that you thought would kill them. But did they. Nope Clinton came out on top every time. All of the games might have been close and ugly. But Clinton pulled them out. With horrible officials in the Farragut game. Nothing taken away from Farragut but the people from Farragut know that the officials made alot of bad calls. I mean their were some bad ones for them too but the majority of them were against Clinton. But now off of that subject. Clinton is a top notch team right now and might be prooving everyone wrong and going to STATE. They are hot and have won more than 5 in a row agaist 5 very tough teams. Now we m ight just have to win state to make believers out of some of you people. Please reply to this if you have any comments about my post.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a few comments...congrats on a great basketball game, one of the best high school games i've ever seen! the referees i don't believe played a huge factor in this game - they were equally poor for both teams, even though i have a hard time watching the post players for Clinton play! i do understand that they are much bigger than people so it's going to be very physical, but sometimes it looks like shaq down low and it's an offensive foul a lot of the time! but i don't believe the officiating had anything to do with the game! it was a great game that the teams put their all into! but i'd like to remind all of you Clinton people that you still have to win one more game before you are "state bound" just thought i'd remind yall of that! not being a jerk but don't get ahead of yourselves! that would be unfortunate to lose after already saying you're going to state!

thanks for the post. You made a few good comments i agreed with. I do agree the Clinton big men kind of bullied around the Farragut posts but i mean they cant just take it easy in their. They should let them play and battle for the rebounds instead of calling a foul on one of the teams when they touch each other. But no the refs didnt end up playing a factor in the game because Clinton ended up winningso no that had nothing to do with the outcome of that game. Both teams did try hard and played their best but i guess the best team just won. And i believe the other sign was "just give up" and to me it seems like with an 8 point lead with about 1:30 left and we came back and took it to overtime and then won it. I believe thats just giving up. But good luck to Farragut in sub-state they play Kingsport Dobyns Bennett.

The reason we made the StateBound sign was to fire up our players and other fans. I know it fired me up and wanted to root on our team. We also made it to prove a point that we won this region when nobody said we could. After we "barely" beat WB, everyone left Clinton for dead..except for OrangeCrush, the parents and coaches (Lockard...you're da best). The guys on the news said "Last night, Clinton pulled the shocker against Maryville"...no, it wasn't a shocker. It was an even game and we were a higher seed than them. Just because our record shows 10 losses most people that haven't seen our heart when we play count us out. I'm so glad to be a part of the OrangeCrush, just because we don't ever give up. Ask Farragut, when we were down by 9 we were still screaming. Especially in over time, the whole section was jumping. Partly because we felt the odds against it (being down by 9 with 2 minutes left), and partly because whenever Lockard turns around and yells at us to get up we get FIRED up...I've never seen a coach get fired up like he does, and no coach talks to student section to help the team out. It was not anything against you all as a team and fans, but our StateBound sign was a celebration of how far we've come since last year and we're proud that we've got SubState at home.

Wow! This game was crazy and the atmosphere was nuts. Congrats to Clinton the win. This game was the best high school basketball game i've ever seen. I agree with yallalready. The big men inside for Clinton were never called for offensive fouls. But other than that you can't really complain about the refs. The game was officiated very fairly. Both teams got their share of bad calls. Did anybody else see Tim Torrence block Vibert's dunk. That was an incredible play. One thing i am upset about is coaching. With about 30 seconds left Farragut was down by 3 and Greg Gibson was still on the bench. Why not call a time out to get him in the game or even set up a play. Hopefully Both teams can take care of business and make it to state because they both have the tallent to do so.

The reason we made the StateBound sign was to fire up our players and other fans. I know it fired me up and wanted to root on our team. We also made it to prove a point that we won this region when nobody said we could. After we "barely" beat WB, everyone left Clinton for dead..except for OrangeCrush, the parents and coaches (Lockard...you're da best). The guys on the news said "Last night, Clinton pulled the shocker against Maryville"...no, it wasn't a shocker. It was an even game and we were a higher seed than them. Just because our record shows 10 losses most people that haven't seen our heart when we play count us out. I'm so glad to be a part of the OrangeCrush, just because we don't ever give up. Ask Farragut, when we were down by 9 we were still screaming. Especially in over time, the whole section was jumping. Partly because we felt the odds against it (being down by 9 with 2 minutes left), and partly because whenever Lockard turns around and yells at us to get up we get FIRED up...I've never seen a coach get fired up like he does, and no coach talks to student section to help the team out. It was not anything against you all as a team and fans, but our StateBound sign was a celebration of how far we've come since last year and we're proud that we've got SubState at home.

whoooaaa just so you know there were about 6 people max ever jumping i guess you were in the middle of those 6 and couldnt see anyone else

Get off the officials. Both teams had 6 fouls in the first half and both teams where shooting in the second. The officials let the kids decide the game and stayed out of the way. I would rather watch a game that big be called like a college game instead of it being called like a JV game and all that goes on is free throws. I know all 3 of those guys and 2 of them work college and the gray headed dude has been at the State Tourney like 9 times. I would like to here how you guys would like to see it called. The on ref could have stuck #33 in OT on the sideline and it would have completely changed the game and he didn't. You better take those guys anytime you can get them

And to the "Nobody likes cocky kids" how could you even say that. Did Halls beat Bearden.....yeah I think they did. Did we beat Halls by 57.....yeah I think we did. Don't get me wrong I am not saying we would beat Bearden by 57. But believe me were not going to be a push over to anyone. Whats everybodys problem with Clinton? Are they not 24-6 with teams inside TN. Can we not get any respect, we just beat 3 great teams in the Region, and what I think one of the toughest regions beside Region 7 and 8. Our boys have worked hard all year. And yeah pal there were more than 6 people jumping. And I have a question for you fair weather fans of Farragut where were you guys Thursday. There were more Clinton guys there than you all.

I agree, there were more than 6 people jumping whether you say so or not. And yes I was right there in the middle right in the front row, you might have seen me waving goodbye to your players and student section. To say "Bradley is laughing at you for saying you'll win state" (that was said somewhere before), and "have fun with Bradley Central" makes me mad. Rankings don't mean anything. Ask Bearden. If we went by rankings, there would be no point in basketball. It would be the same team winning state year after year. There would be no upsets. No one would pay to see the game because they would know what the outcome would be. Basically what you are saying is we should give up because we don't want to play BC or WS. Sure, I know the season is going to end, but am I stupid for hoping it to end in the State Title game??? No. That's why you play the game, upsets happen, teams come out flat (Yes, even Bradley Central has had an off night or two, I assure you). Like someone said before, we're not used to getting this far in basketball. Last time we were this far I was in elementary school, so yeah we're pumped. We might make a few cocky comments, but it's because we're so proud of our team getting it done. We'll be with our team as far as they go, and if they lose Monday, we can say we made it substate and everyone else except Farragut didn't. That's something to be proud of, but of course all our hopes is make reservations for the 'boro. And if we get there, BC better not laugh too hard because we're coming to win and I guarantee we won't come out flat.

And to the "Nobody likes cocky kids" how could you even say that. Did Halls beat Bearden.....yeah I think they did. Did we beat Halls by 57.....yeah I think we did. Don't get me wrong I am not saying we would beat Bearden by 57. But believe me were not going to be a push over to anyone. Whats everybodys problem with Clinton? Are they not 24-6 with teams inside TN. Can we not get any respect, we just beat 3 great teams in the Region, and what I think one of the toughest regions beside Region 7 and 8. Our boys have worked hard all year. And yeah pal there were more than 6 people jumping. And I have a question for you fair weather fans of Farragut where were you guys Thursday. There were more Clinton guys there than you all.

sorry some of us have other sports we have to practice for, if that wasn't the case i would've been there