Portland @ McMinn Central

Monday night is going to be a very big night at McMinn Central. They lost, in a heartbreaker, last year at Portland 54-53 and lost a chance at a trip to Murfreesboro. Portland comes with Corey Brewer, who is likely to be a starter at the University of Florida next year. I have heard he doesn't have near as much help as he had last year, but we will see. McMinn Central counters with Ryan Armstrong, Wes Adams, and Beau Brown, who will most likely be guarding Brewer. It will be a very, I repeat, very good basketball game which should come down to a final shot as it did last year. Nobody gave McMinn Central a chance to get out of the region. They have accomplished alot. One has to wonder though, how far can they go? McMinn Central has come this far, there is no reason they cannot go all the way. GOOD LUCK CENTRAL!!!!

You are right when you say Brewer doesn't have as much help as he did last year ... heck , he hardly has any help. Without Ferguson as an inside game like last year it's going to be hard for Portland (or should I say Brewer?) to beat McMinn. Brewer is going to score a ton , he always does ... you can't stop him from getting in the 30s or perhaps 40s if he is on. If they hold Brewer to under 35 they will win w/out a doubt.