Congrats to Unaka

Port_Vol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to stop "CoachT-ing" like game are decided here. The games are played, so a lot of people get their feathers ruffled.

What a ridiculous statement after a 500 word post.

You're on CoachT critizing people for talking about games on CoachT.

Turn off your computer if you don't want to read opinions about

games that were and will be played.

The Unaka work with 2:00 remaining was a smart decision. If they run down and score......both teams probably put up a combined 10-15 more points in the 2:00.

As for the set up with the Clock keeper in the corner, near the phone booth.....As someone who has sat at scorers tables in the past......the officials ALWAYS usually instruct the clock keeper to WATCH the hand of the official on inbounds plays at the end of the game. When the hand goes down, the clock begins.

I'm not trying to start WWIII - as this didn't cost anyone, or give anyone the game......but in these important games.......I think the TSSAA would be vested in giving a neutral party (IE: a fourth official or something) control of the clock. They do it in football, and how many times does a football game come down to a last second play? I can count two times I've saw it in the last 10+ years.........

Just food for thought, nothing more - nothing less.

I feel that Cosby lost the game on two runs, as I said before. Also, Kevin Hall missed two layups due to nice Unaka Defense........Blakely had a tip on both of them, but they rolled off. You win some, You lose some I suppose....

No one has said Unaka CHEATED. No one. We did have problems (plural) at the scorers table, but its behind us now. Unaka just be glad it was this year and not next cuz you could be comin to the Eagles Nest for i firmly believe someone is coming for sub state there next two or three years.

Once again Congrats to Chambers hes a good guy and a great player. We will see u next season Unaka.

Correct, Shaniaguy (glad to see you made it out alive. Thankfully there wasnt a fire, or you would've been trapped in that fire hazard hole there :P )....no one cheated. The game was a well officiated game. I questioned two calls. One was a charge on Hall......but I had a poor view. The other was the first play in the second half where it looked like Blakely charged into a Unaka defender.

The clock issue irks me.........it was corrected......but some officials would've just ran off the court without correcting that. I applaud the crew for that one.....

But I have pushed for a neutral clock/book in substate for awhile, before this game, and this game just made me think a lot more about it. Just too much at stake in that one game for a "mistake" or a real mistake to cost a team so much.

Correct, Shaniaguy (glad to see you made it out alive. Thankfully there wasnt a fire, or you would've been trapped in that fire hazard hole there ;) )....no one cheated. The game was a well officiated game. I questioned two calls. One was a charge on Hall......but I had a poor view. The other was the first play in the second half where it looked like Blakely charged into a Unaka defender.

The clock issue irks me.........it was corrected......but some officials would've just ran off the court without correcting that. I applaud the crew for that one.....

But I have pushed for a neutral clock/book in substate for awhile, before this game, and this game just made me think a lot more about it. Just too much at stake in that one game for a "mistake" or a real mistake to cost a team so much.

Let me just set the record straight on the clock issue. When Black threw the ball side-ways and the other guy caught it, the clock operator thought he threw the ball in-bounds, and started the clock... an honest mistake, don't you think?

Cosby[/url]Eagle' date='Mar 9 2004 - 11:14 AM']
People need to stop "CoachT-ing" like game are decided here.  The games are played, so a lot of people get their feathers ruffled.

What a ridiculous statement after a 500 word post.

You're on CoachT critizing people for talking about games on CoachT.

Turn off your computer if you don't want to read opinions about

games that were and will be played.

"People need to stop 'Coacht-ing' like game [typo] are decided here."

Perhaps you misunderstood. I was talking about the way people bicker back and forth about the outcome of games, both past and future. I did NOT say people need to stop posting. The last five words are the key here. But....think, say, do whatever you like. I have not been beligerent in a single post, nor will I. But I think I will turn my computer off now because I have much to do.

Rangerbook

Yes it could be an honest mistake. But ECO's are instructed to WATCH THE OFFICIALS HAND, and not the ball.

In reality, when reading the NHSF Rulebook, the clock isn't supposed to start until the offical drops his/her hand. Now, technically........the ball could be inbounded and touched, but until the offical drops his/her hand, the clock isn't to start.

Also, I was told to be aware of the clock keeper after speaking with some folks from Wartburg on Sunday. I don't know what specifically occured there, but....I was just told of some complaints about the clock.....

Edited by Port_Vol

I've heard several people talk about a neutral clockkeeper; a 4th TSSAA official. I agree that would be great, in theory. Problem is, the schools themselves would have to want this and petition the TSSAA for it. The schools won't however. Why? Because of the added cost of paying a 4th official. I'm sure many schools would not have a problem with this, but some county schools out there would be strapped for the cash.

Maybe a basketball official on here could tell us how much money we're talking about here. I don't know how much the officials make for basketball. You'd have to figure in all the JV games and the girl's games into the money equation. You'd also need to figure how many games a week? I do know for varsity football, the ECO gets $50 every Friday night.

;)

ok...this is what i think about the situation....i personally think Cosby just needs to stink it up and quit whinning about everything that happened....what's done is done...and the Unaka Rangers could have the Golden Ball if they want it bad enough......that's really rude to say that they only way the Rangers will see the Golden Ball is in another teams hands......personally i think that just shows how much class you have......but it's your opinion and not mine......you can't go back in time and switch clock keepers.....or anything to that matter....like i said before....what's done is done and there's nothing no one can do about it.......just stink it up and take a loss..i know it's a tough one to take but you can't win them all and it's just a game.....but it was earned very well by the Unaka Rangers...and the Cosby Eagles gave them one heck of a game.....both teams are outstanding and deserve what they have gotten.....but the Cosby Eagles had to end their season on a lose....but you can't win them all...so grow up and be grown-ups about the whole situation......

ok...this is what i think about the situation....i personally think Cosby just needs to dry it up and quit whinning about everything that happened....what's done is done...and the Unaka Rangers could have the Golden Ball if they want it bad enough......that's really rude to say that the only way the Rangers will see the Golden Ball is in another teams hands......personally i think that just shows how much class you have......but it's your opinion and not mine......you can't go back in time and switch clock keepers.....or anything to that matter....like i said before....what's done is done and there's nothing no one can do about it.......just dry it up and take a loss..i know it's a tough one to take but you can't win them all and it's just a game.....but it was earned very well by the Unaka Rangers...and the Cosby Eagles gave them one heck of a game.....both teams are outstanding and deserve what they have gotten.....but the Cosby Eagles had to end their season on a lose....but you can't win them all...so grow up and be grown-ups about the whole situation......

Edited by blondie_31