AA Battle in the 'Boro

RudestFanEver05

First off, Congrats to all of those current State champs and to all of those who are in the tourneys now. Now down to business. MLK vs. Fulton.

MLK is currently on a 7 game win streak, cleaning up a district title and a region title along with a sectional win, but will Fulton end it at 7? Just wanted a few opinions and if any one could give me some more info on Fulton it would be much appriciated.

-BIG B

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the slighest thing about Fulton but I'm going to have to go with MLK on this one. They are so talented. If Johnny Lee is on you won't stop him. Heck, no one can truly stop him even if he isn't on. But MLK hasn't worked as hard as they have to lose in the 1st round. It will be a good game regardless. I look for MLK to run their signature stall game the 1st half and take it to Fulton the 2nd half. What does everyone else think? Can Fulton handle MLK? As I said I don't know the slightest thing about them but they have to be good so ...

We beat Fulton 3 times in a row until they beat us in the region championship. They have one guy that is good, he is number 30, scored in the high teens low 20's and didnt even make the all region team. They have a kid named Tony Cooper,get inside his head, i go to Alcoa and thats what we did and he got silly fouls and was held to 8 points.MLK should win this one

MLK will win, definately. If what was just noted about Fulton is true....that they only have one good guy, how on earth do they expect to win? Johnny Lee maybe be the guy everyone knows, but MLK is full of talented players. Fulton, will have a hard time going up against MLK defense. The Royals want this too much to get knocked out in the first round.

Give me a break! You don't make it to the State with ONE good guy! And Alcoa evidently didn't get in his head too much - Tony got to wave that MVP plaque in the air at the regional didn't he?! It don't matter how many he scored - we won!Best of luck to both teams - I've not heard anything about MLK before this, but I've got to root for my Falcons!

GO FALCONS!

I did NOT say MLK wasn't good because I hadn't heard of them! People were making comments that Fulton only had one good guy & I said you don't make it this far with one good guy - it's a team effort! MLK is obviously good if they've made it this far, also. I just said I didn't know anything about them. I still have faith in my Falcons, though.

GO FALCONS!

kwalker, could you let me know a little bit more about your team, I would love to know who you have and what your season looked like. Thanks.

Now, I'll let you know a little about the M.L.King Royals.

1) They have one of the best coaches in Middle Tennessee, James "Doc" Shelton.

2) They are one of the most unselfish ball teams in the State.

3) They rely on good defense and heads up offense to win games.

4) They have a team that is at least 10 deep.

5) They play inside and out with the dominance of Clarence Smith and Demario Dayton on the inside and Johnny Lee and Virgil Donaldson on the outside.

6) What they lack in size they make up for in speed.

Thanks for the responses, all.

-BIG B