Rockwood v. CPA

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thekid03 as you know the Cosby fans travel very well to games acrosss the state. However, crowds dont influence a game in the Murphy Center like they do in the gym. Its Big. I'll be there with u guys prolly not in the student section, but ill be there rooting Rockwood on. Cosby Rules the regular season but HOPEFULLY Rockwood can rule the Boro.

xtremeloco, it doesnt matter if private schools can have students from a wider geographical area... the point is that CPA doesnt recruit athletes (or anybody else) so the people that go there are just as random with respect to their athleticism as the people at public schools... the only difference is that public schools tend to have 2-5 times as many students to pick a team from... so no more complaining from you public school punks

xtremeloco, it doesnt matter if private schools can have students from a wider geographical area... the point is that CPA doesnt recruit athletes (or anybody else) so the people that go there are just as random with respect to their athleticism as the people at public schools... the only difference is that public schools tend to have 2-5 times as many students to pick a team from... so no more complaining from you public school punks

First, you logic is flawed. The kids don't (for the most part) choose to go to the schools. Usually the parents of the students choose for them either through networking within the school or a personal bias towards public schooling, which is just fine and dandy if that's their thing. However, being that some parents are strict athletic buffs, they will send their student to a 'non-recruiting' (if that even exists) private school primarily for athletics. In no way are we public'ers at an advantage when it comes to that. I know of a very real scenario of athleticism being a primary focus and reason for a student to go to a prominent private school in kville and will share if the time is appropriate, but for now that's not the point i'm trying to make. I would like to state that Rockwood, a school of just over 400 does not have the advantage say a 3A school would in basketball (e.g. Oak Ridge, Maryville) Where as a private school based on location (usually inside larger metro areas) do. So you should stop trying to defend that which is completely erroneous. Be real with yourself man, Private schools naturally have a better selection than do smaller public schools, but that does not make them unbeatable. With the luck and talent we've been graced with this year at Rwood, we're ready, and will be there in full force Wednesday...Just keep lookin over us...

First of all ... I think Rockwood only had like 360 students. And 2nd did that guy just say that Private schools that can get students from a population of for example Nashville...compared to Rockwood.....what are the poplulations on these towns im not sure. O yeah its 570,000 to 5,000...Now let this little Public School Punk teach you some math. That is 114-1 Ratio, so for every 114 people CPA has a chance to find great talent, Rockwood only has 1. But your right, CPA has no advantage. So this PUNK will shut up about it like i wanted to a long time ago. I don't like showing pretty rich kids, who spend their daddy's money, up. But you went and made me do it. So now lets get back to the game, and stop talking about stuff you know NOTHING about.

Either school's bb team is still only what ? 4 or 6% of their total school population. Take away the girls and they are only a very small percentage from either school. Both teams are talented enough to get to this point of the season and should have earned the respect of any true HS basketball fan. Good luck to both. The best way to support your team is to show up at the game and cheer them on, win or lose. They have both had successful seasons.

Edited by FBGIRL

in case some of yall did not know this. CPA is K-12. this means a lot of the highschool athletes there started at CPA in kindergarden. The kids are not known as athletes in kindergarden, but rather as children. I went to CPA when it was terrible in athletics. By my senior year we were competitive because all the programs decided to start working hard in the off season. The kids in the elementary grades saw our hard work and they worked harder when they got into the sports programs. So i guess CPA does recruit. They go out to the pre-schools and find the best dodgeball and freeze tag competitors in nashville.

Good luck Rockwood and CPA.

Why are you guys defending recruiting? Nobody ever said anything about recruiting....but you guys seem to be defending CPA about it. But you have to look at it this way people, your right they could grow up in that school...but you still have the parents who look at private schools as the place where their kids talent can get the most exposure. Thats not recruiting but if I was a parent of a kid who has a lot of talent, and I wanted him to get the most exposure to colleges Id put him in a private school in a big town, rather than in a public school out in the middle of no where. I never said you recruited so quit trying to defend yourself from nothing.

Like I said before, a few of the athletes who attend these private schools were sent primarily for atheltic purposes. A friend of my fathers, DJ, sent his son to a Knoxville school so he could get more exposure. However, it comes down to the parents and who they know. The kid left after elementary school, for TMSAA atheletics. Whether being recruited or not, the talent is weeded away from the public schools, who have to depend more on circumstance and luck than the privates do with accomodation and simply being a private, exclusive school. Psychology plays a vital role in the parental decision as well as the program strength. Private school are expected to have better facilities and programs, but a "rose in the concrete" as Tupac so eloquently put it, can raise up against adverstity, and shine in a hostile environment. Just as Rwood is expecting..