who will go div. 1 from aa basketball

goGC

I know Beech is goin' to go to UTC, what about Hall, is that were she is signed to go?? Can anyone verify that?

Hall has signed with UTC also.

McMinn Central has two D-1 guards in Patterson (Eastern Kentucky) and Houlsey (Davidson) and Fallon Lee could be number 3 after the season.

Moc fans are very excited to have in-state ladies Beechboard and Hall (along with Lawrence Co.'s Kristen Spann) coming over to Chattanooga in the fall.

There is a bit of a logjam at Katrina's position, but Coach Moore always gets everyone playing time (two years ago the team went 26-5 and had nine players average 15 minutes a game... and in 6 games that season all 13 players scored a basket...even the two walk-ons).

Laura will be counted on quickly as the only two true point guards on the team are both seniors (LM's have 3 PG's coming in, but one will be moved to SG...Brooke Hand from Lawrence Co, AL...and the other, Amy Mohr from Forsyth, GA will probably be red-shirted because the recruiting class is so large).

If anyone would like to read more about what has been termed "the best class in Lady Mocs history" check out the following link.

GoMocs.com Recruiting Class Bios

I think fans of miss Beechboard and Hall will have a blast watching them play for the LM's over the next four years...they are both used to winning a lot of games in high school and that will not change in college. This years graduating class has 101 wins...so far, 4 SoCon regular season titles, 4 SoCon Tournament Championships, and 4 NCAA Tournament appearances...and we fully expect that Hall and Beechboard will be able to say the same thing (or more! ...hoping to add the word WINS by the NCAA part) by the time they graduate. :(

28-2sm.jpg

Edited by chattanoogamocs

chattanoogamocs

There is no question, UTC is fast becoming a Gonzaga type school of womens basektball. With Southern Conference player of the year Katasha Brown just a sophomore this year, the Lady Mocs are poised to continue this great NCAA run.

I hope the selection committie does them justice and at least get a 8-9 seed or better. I saw on ESPN projection bracket that puts the Lady Mocs as an 9th seed playing Old DOminion ( tough 8th seed).

Hopefully, the Selection committie will do justice.

Also, a good friend of mine is cousins with Katasha Brown, so with LH going to UTC ,this makes following the Mocs even better. No doubt, this recruting class with 6-5 and 6-2 players, Beechboard, Hall, and others set a strong foundation for UTC.

This year was supposed to be a down year for the Lady Mocs. Wes took a big gamble and held off by taking no players for this last year for this freshman class (opting for a bigger class in 2005) and it his paid off.

Lady Mocs didn't miss a beat with only 9 scholarship players and will have a huge, talented class this fall (two of the 7 will be red-shirted, one being the 6'5" girl Sarah Gordon...she actually volunteered because we have good depth inside).

The starting line-up this year is 3 sophomores (including the afforementioned SoCon POY Katasha Brown, plus SoCon 1st teamer...via Memphis...Tiffani Robeson, and former South Carolina AAA Miss Basketball Nicole Mattison), 1 junior, and 1 senior....So the new ladies will have to be a little patient breaking into the starting line-up. But I have always been amazed how Wes can get these women to completely buy into the team concept (ala Pat Summitt) and forgo individual glory for team success. Still, I have no doubt that Beechboard and Hall will be able to make an impact their freshman year and as I said before, Wes will get them ALL playing time.

A number of UTC fans went up yesterday to watch Katrina and Laura face off...and all came away impressed.

also, McMinn Centrals' Honna Housley (apologies if that is spelled incorrectly) will be playing at SoCon rival Davidson.

Housley must be as good in the classroom has she was in the state title game tonight because Davidson is one the top 15 undergraduate colleges in the country (Princeton Review rated them 12 behind the Ivy League schools and Stanford).

They have a good basketball program too.

Edited by chattanoogamocs