Expand your thinking

Guest kenwoodrun

Guest kenwoodrun

Just a detached word of advice for this board...it will be more beneficial to all involved if everyone will try to add a little diversity to their point of view. When I contribute to boards like this one, I make an effort to not beat dead bushes. I would say less than 1 out of every 10 posts I've made have anything at all to do with schools in my city, much less my own school. Whoever goes higher, faster and farther...I'm interested in...and I think most of you are as well. I encourage everyone to try to learn and engage in conversation about athletes/teams/coaches out of their small little radius of competition and to branch out. I am certainly guilty myself about lacking some knowledge...I don't know junk about A/AA. But I'm trying to learn, I'm finding some really good kids in the middle TN area (Page, Station Camp) I didn't know anything about, etc...

IMHO, it gets extremely monotonous and redudant to read about the same three or four kids over, and over, and over...and don't get me wrong, this is not an attack on people from Bradley or McMinn, who have a healthy presence on this board. But some of you are guilty of this tunnel vision, but this is not a blanket statement for or against anybody. I could go on and on and on and on about an average at best kid at Kenwood, but to be totally honest, I never have. I don't think anybody wants to have to sort through long threads trying to find anything relevant while trying to weed out rattling about little Suzy who runs a 2:55 in the 800.

I know I am likely going to get torched for this (even though I have tried to go out of my way to be polite), but frankly, I don't care, I think it should be said. Support your school and your kids, that's what is all about. But for the sake of all that is good and holy, try to diversify your field of view. Let the flames begin, but make an attempt to be courteous as I have tried.

I have to agree. Good post. I feel like I know the kids at Bradley at this point.

I have a suggestion too. I have seen some groups of fans that create a single thread for their school and post there the entire season. I saw one school's thread on the basketball board with 42 pages and over 20,000 views. You can also go on and on all you want amongst yourselves and spare us all from having to sift through the redundant thread titles.

Students at the schools that frequent CoachT: Create a generic thread for your school and you'll never miss a post. Everything will be in one location. See whose thread is the biggest at the end of the year.

Just an idea.... :lol:

Guest kenwoodrun
I have to agree. Good post. I feel like I know the kids at Bradley at this point.

I have a suggestion too. I have seen some groups of fans that create a single thread for their school and post there the entire season. I saw one school's thread on the basketball board with 42 pages and over 20,000 views. You can also go on and on all you want amongst yourselves and spare us all from having to sift through the redundant thread titles.

Students at the schools that frequent CoachT: Create a generic thread for your school and you'll never miss a post. Everything will be in one location. See whose thread is the biggest at the end of the year.

Just an idea.... B)

THIS IS BRILLIANT.

I will start the ball rolling...there is now an officially sanctioned thread on all things Bradley Central B)