Brooke Johnson

muffin

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooke Johnson is a great player and has had many accomplishments along the way and I congratulate her on her stats and wish teh best of luck in college.

I have only one question though. This isn't a smart butt remark so don't tak eit that way. Why did she go to such a little college? I knowthe Carson Newman football team is pretty good but basketball isn't a peak. I know that she could play at a higher ranking school somewhere. Don't take this as sarcasm because it's not intended as any.

Wildcat, it is ok, that question has been asked more than once on here. Brooke was recruited by several D1 schools from all over the east, including several in the state of TN. The truth is she has known the coach at CN since she was 12 and he has followed her career very closely. She is very close to her family and wanted to stay close to home. She was very close to going to UTC but things happened with that, nothing negative, just doesn't need to be discussed on a message board. Therefore, she is going to CN. It may not be a huge basketball school but maybe she will help change that. Who knows. The important thing is she is going to get a good education and enjoy playing basketball at the same time. Thanks for the compliments on Brooke. Congratulations to LA on the championship, they had a great tournament and season. Wish we could have played them in the championship but all eight teams in the state have nothing to be ashamed of, they should all be proud just to have made it there.

Ball Fan: Why would you want to shoot outside when you score 42 inside? Duh!!!!

HOW MANY DID SHE SCORE ON JANA CROSS IN THE FIRST GAME NOT EVEN CLOSE JANA MADE HER LOOK SILLY IF SHE WAS RECRUITED BY D1 WHEN SHE WAS 12 SHE MUST HAVE LOST HER GAME SOMEWHERE YOU GOT TO BE ABLE TO DRIBBLE THE BALL IN D1 SHE IS HIGHLY OVER RATED SHE WOULDNT MAKE IT IN D1

JANALEE, BALL FAN IS NOT VERY BRIGHT SO TAKE IT EASY ON HIM.

iM BRIGHT ENOUGH TO SEE WHY SHE IS GOING TO A D2 SCHOOL YOU CAN MAKE ALL THE EXCUSES YOU WANT BUT EVERY ONE THAT SAW THE GAME KNOWS JUST AS I DO SHE AINT THAT GOOD SAY WHAT YOU YOU WANT i AM A SILLY GUY BUT I KNOW A GOOD BALL PLAYER WHEN I SEE ONE jana cross is good brooke johnson is tall end of story

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game. 
    • No my fight, but ... if they were already college-caliber prior to transferring to BHS, and they already had FBS interest, and they end up at an FBS school, how did Bearden do anything for them?