Is Tyler Smith stayin or leavin

statebound15

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF, Tyler Smith does indeed leave Giles County, it will be very hard for him to come back and play at UT. The Vols best chance of getting Smith is if he stays a Bobcat. IF, and when Smith goes to Oak Hill, he will be exposed to a whole lot more than Tennessee basketball. UT chances are not good if he leaves.

Smith was given the gift of being tall and thick. Yay for genetics. This has been pointed out countless times, but its about to be countless plus one. Smith does not have an outside shot. Should I mention his poor free-throw shooting percentage? I have seen him play through out the tourny and have come to a conclusion about God's gift to basketball. When put up against a person with around the same height and skill he does not perform that well. Smith needs to get out of Giles and go to a quality program. Maybe they will teach him some disipline while he is there. I would only like to see him go to UT if he cleans up his attitude. He is a good player, could be better, but still the same gifted. More power to the kid, I hope he goes far.

ON ANOTHER NOTE... If Smith does leave what will happen to Giles Co. basketball? They don't have football to lean back on! ;)

When put up against a person with around the same height and skill he does not perform that well.

Granted Tyler struggles with his outside shot. No argument with that. But to say he doesn't perform well his height and skill, come on. He dropped 30+ on Brandon Wright, went for 30+ in game one against Bradley Central, and 30+ against 7'2" kid from Puerto Rico. If anything he performs better against better competition, thus the reason he needs to get out of Giles County.

On another note I am a huge Tennessee fan, and think Tyler would be a great addition for them. That being said I hope he doesn't go there mainly because they stink and seems like they always will. UT is a wasting pot for talented basketball players. If he does go there I hope other marquee players go with him.

Yeah, he is just a jealous hater, and a MORON for saying that Tyler couldn't start at Bolivar or JSS. I mean are you kiddin me??? I'm sure that Tyler could start on any team in the state and maybe any team in the COUNTRY. I mean i know we have talked crap the whole year, and we COULD back it up, until we played JSS. We just got beat, thats all there is to it. And its over so just shut up about it and go on.