MTSU Staff and Atsmosphere

flemtone

I'm with you flemstone. Maybe if they didn't have 327 staff members working this event you might could park for under $5(and if you left and came back 10 minutes later, $5 more bucks), watch and game with your family and eat for under $50, and not get pushed out the door so they could rob the next group of fans coming in for the second session. I hope Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA get so many letters concerning this topic that it makes their heads spin. If anyone has an address please let me know and I'll send a response myself.

I will provide an address after time for those to respond had been available. Probably in a day or two.

Thanks. :justwrestle:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TSSAA used to be a bit smug to the media before Matt Gillespie came along and bridged the gap. Matt works so hard to make sure that we have everything we need and treats us with respect each year. The folks you are talking about flemtone are either MTSU staff or extra help hired by the TSSAA to help during the tournament. I had dinner with the MTSU staff each day (most are elderly/retired folks) and they were very nice to us each day. I had a very enjoyable time at the tournament as I do each year since Gillespie came along. Great job Ronnie Carter in hiring Matt to run media relations! I usually talk to Ronnie at the tournament and he is always very courteous.

This is not to say that you had a less than enjoyable experience though flemtone. I hope that the tournament improves to your liking in the future. Everyone should be able to have enjoy the time spent at the state tournament. I'm also sure that your comments will be welcome at the TSSAA headquarters. Believe it or not, they want to make sure everyone has a positive expierence.

I have been going to the girls tournament for the past 10 years and have never had a problem with anybody associated in running the event.I don't have much contact with TSSAA officals but have had some with MTSU staff and people hired as part of the security team and they have always been really nice. I do know that people are told to move when trying to sit in reserve seating and that the 2 Perry County girls that made all tournament were not going to be allowed on the floor until a TSSAA offical told security to let them go. I don't see a problem with that they are doing their jobs.

The TSSAA used to be a bit smug to the media before Matt Gillespie came along and bridged the gap. Matt works so hard to make sure that we have everything we need and treats us with respect each year. The folks you are talking about flemtone are either MTSU staff or extra help hired by the TSSAA to help during the tournament. I had dinner with the MTSU staff each day (most are elderly/retired folks) and they were very nice to us each day. I had a very enjoyable time at the tournament as I do each year since Gillespie came along. Great job Ronnie Carter in hiring Matt to run media relations! I usually talk to Ronnie at the tournament and he is always very courteous.

This is not to say that you had a less than enjoyable experience though flemtone. I hope that the tournament improves to your liking in the future. Everyone should be able to have enjoy the time spent at the state tournament. I'm also sure that your comments will be welcome at the TSSAA headquarters. Believe it or not, they want to make sure everyone has a positive expierence.

I too have always found Ronnie Carter, Gene Beck and many others to be very professional in anything they directly deal with concerning the tournament, however, my experience with others has been just the opposite. That has been and is my concern. I too understand crowd control and especially in these times, security but I maintain it can be done with respect to those in attendance. Everyone and anyone, please continue to have input, positive or negative as you have experienced it. Thanks.

First of all, I think that the Murphy Center facilities are a great place for the tournament. It provides for a great basketball atmosphere. On another note, I have never been pleased with the staff from MTSU during the tournament and even not during the tournament. I attended college there for one semester and I just didn't like it. They treat you as a number, not as a person. But this is just my own personal opinion.

I only went the first day...the lady that ripped my ticket in half was nice....at the concession stand they had a little confusion on where they was suppose to be and caused me to get my drink like 3 min after i ordered it...but all is well here :justwrestle:

By the way, three dollars for a piece of pizza. Give me a break. BBQ sandwiches were pretty good though. After parking, entry fee, and inflated prices of food. Just couldn't afford to buy a drink to wash it down with ..lol. Learned my lesson the first day. Ride with someone else, walk, and don't eat at the game; save up and you'll have enough to eat a good steak at Logan's. Boy, that steak was good. :P