is cpa overrated?

coop85

most of the talk about the single A state tourny says that CPA will win the whole thing. i havent heard a lot of details about this team. i know they play Rockwood in the first round, and many say this will be a good. if the first game against Rockwood is going to be close, then what makes CPA so much better than the other teams? all of the weak teams are out. its tourny time. what do yall think?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

all of the weak teams are out. its tourny time. what do yall think?

very true...

CPA is the favorite because of their schedule strength and their win in a very tough region. it doesn't hurt that they walked all over Temple twice this year and beat fra four times (both tourney teams). anything can happen, you're righ, but CPA has shown throughout the season that they are a real contender.

They may not win it, but they have to be the favorite. they will have the best player on the court no matter who they play. I don't care about Mr. basketball, I'm telling you that Sikes will be the best player on the court. House is big and can play inside or out. They create huge matchup problems for a defense, and they won't let you sit back in a zone if they are ahead. On defense, they are phenomenal. Pressure all over the court. I've seen them play not so great, and they can be beaten. However, it will take an off game from them and a stellar effort by their opponent.

I'm going to get ripped for this but I dont care. 9a/5a is a bloodbath every winter. There is no way that the other teams in the tourney played as many quality opponents as CPA. Dont give me the "we played 2a and 3a schools" stuff either, CPA could beat most of those teams minus sikes. CPA is the favorite because they dominated the toughest schedule. I will be disagreed with, but if CPA doesnt win it all, then it was an upset.

It is basketball and if you lose one game youre gone. CPA definitly should win it all but they could so easily lose if they have a bad night. I agree with everything rowdytn said. CPA plays in the hardest region in the state and came out on top aginst all those teams. Region 5 had 5 teams that could WIN state not just make it but WIN. CPA has to be the favorite. Many of the other teams have a suspect schedule, not CPA. Many of the other teams have lost to dismal teams, not CPA. Thats why they are the favorite.

why did the sikes kid not get nominated for mr basketball? most people say he is unstopable and could walk over any team out there. but, the other guys of CPA are going to play an important role. the teams in the tourny know who they must shut down, and the rest of the team must step up. this goes for all the teams. there is no I in Team.

Guest doubledouble101

just a little idea to show how good CPA's region and district is FRA who is in the state finished 5th in the regular season.Thats just in the district not even region and they made it to state. It shows how anyone could beat anyone on any given day in the season and district and region tourney.

Edited by doubledouble101

What region are you trying to say is better?

Very simple.

Whatever region you happen to come from ;).

I'm that some Middleton and JCS people would argue theirs. Temple fans will tout their region, and Halls/Greenfield can espouse 8A.

Deciding who has the toughest region is like going to a nursery and deciding who's kid is the cutest. It's simple: YOURS! :D