BGA 5, Centennial 1

TheMyth

On Centennial's side...

A great early goal by Patrick Rommel put a scare into the Wildcats

A great night for [Centennial Keeper] who managed to block most of BGA's shots with some spectacular saves.

On BGA's side...

Goal by Jon Cartwright

Goal by Chase Lafont

Hat Trick by Caldwell Lucas

Next up for BGA: Farragut on Friday night at 8 at the Beech Tournament.

jesus, we knew bga was gonna be good, but 5-1 centennial is even better than i expected. Jon cartwright and chase Lafont have to be two of the worst player on BGa's whole team. Did they just get in at the end of the game because caldwell scored three? I agree with Mitchell giving the subs some quality playing time, good for those two.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Trust me, and I am speaking for everyone in West Tennessee. Based on what you just said, I know for a fact you never watched this kid play in person.
    • Coaches,   I hope that this note finds you all doing well.  I know many of you have or are working on your schedules for next season.  I wanted to pass along information for the 2025 CBHS Duals.   We still have a few spots available for the dual and are looking for teams to help fill them.   This year we are shifting the events back to the CBHS campus and back to our traditional weekend of the third weekend in January, the 18th to be precise.    If you would like to reserve one of the spots in the CBHS Duals please reach out and let me know.  Similarly, if you plan to send a squad for the JV event then let me know.  You do not have to attend both events, but our hope is larger programs will take the opportunity to get their full squad on the mat.   We plan to accept 12 teams for the duals this year with the shift back to our high school campus.  Even if you have previously discussed attending with Coach Harrison, please confirm with me via e-mail.   Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.  Those of you that know me and our events know I take great care in running excellent events and this weekend's activities will continue that trend.   Thanks, Garrett House Coach - Wave Wrestling Club Tournament Director - CBHS Duals / JV Clash (c) 901-289-3795 garrett.house@gmail.com
    • Georgia commit DL Stephon Shivers announces he will leave Humboldt High School in Memphis to attend Brentwood Academy High School in Nashville for his senior year. Good move for the kid. Himboldt was awful, and somehow getting worse with all their players leaving for other high schools in Memphis. A very underrated prospect moves very fast for his size, and his releases off the line are insane. A very good pick-up for Brentwood Academy.
    • Great post and on point about the LB's. I would look to see Mason Batten get alot of reps and fill one of the LB's spots. Defensive and offensive line should be very good.  On the offensive side, Tate Surber has weapons all around him.  Backfield could see a mixture of RB's but I would anticipate Timmy Airline and Colt Norden getting the majority of the totes.  Norden will also be a big threat down the field in the passing game along with Cole Brown, Jacobi Melton, and Martez Teague.  Jacobi Melton is probably the fastest kid on the team. He can flat move.   As far as the offensive strategy, the weapons are for sure there to run that 4/5 wide no huddle.  But, do we have the depth to run a fast pace, no huddle and keep kids fresh for four quarters?  Time will tell.  One thing is for sure, the pieces are there to make a deep run, but we don't want to put the cart before the horse. 
    • McKenzie has to replace some very good players on defense especially @ linebacker. I am hearing the roster numbers are way up so far this year . A couple players from the 2022 team are back out for their senior year I  heard. Hearing the main offensive philosophy  maybe  moving toward a no huddle 4/5 WR and very fast paced. After exceeding  expectations last year and even holding their own in the championship game with what this team has back they  should be deep into the playoffs again this year. The defensive side of the ball is what I will be paying close attention too. I thought down the stretch last year, their defense was what really carried them through the playoffs.