Long Jump

Rahobk

I recently had my first meet at Lavergne and did the long jump and triple jump along with the high jump. Long jump was 19'2''. Triple was 40'2'' and high jump was 5'6''. Can anyone help me out on how I did and how much better i need to do to get to state?

the long and tripple jumps are really good this early, but the high jump mark doesnt match up with the others. If youre wanting to compete in high jump or decathalon, you should probably work on high jump more...

RA, if you are a freshman and jumping 5 foot 6 in your first meet you are doing pretty good so far. Coaster, I ran in the Decathalon last year and only jumped a 5'8 and it got me somewhere around 5th or so in the region, so I think he's doing all right. The triple jump, once again, if you are a freshman, that is tremendous. Some of the best seniors only jump about 42 or so. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the long jump cause I never did it...too slow.

Goodness, did you read my post? I never said 5'8 was bad, just that it doesnt compare with his other two marks, showing that hes obviously weaker in high jump. Apparently what I shouldve said was "good job way to go, youre perfect, dont work on anything" but would that have told him how to be a better all around athlete?

Edited by coasterboarder

I am a soph and Coaster I understand what you are saying. I realize that high jump is my weaker event simply because i have no technique. I just jump and hit the bar with my butt everytime. Knowing that do any of you have any suggestions on how i can arc my back.