North Side

Jackson Central Merry

South Side

Liberty

USJ

Trinity Christian

Jackson Christian

and can we forget Madison.....

Is there any match ups you are looking forward to seeing?

Any that you would like to see that dont play one another?

Who are the players that stand out on these teams?

Good look to all the Jackson teams, i hope everyone has a great season and stays healthy.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is going to be an interesting year for the Jackson teams. With the Sports Plus tournament coming up at the end of this week, we should have some answers on who has the best Jackson team. It seems that the talent is evenly placed this year....no one team will dominate. All the private schools look really strong. JCM, Northside and Southside are all looking really good...plenty of great senior athletes on all of the teams. Liberty for its first season also looks strong. Madison is going to struggle. I think it will come down to pitching and who can stay healthy.

i too think the schools are evenly matched, i think northside and JCM are the stronger of the public schools but South Side plays smart baseball, they have a lot of speed and are very aggresive on the basepaths. But it all depends what team shows up (southside). I think USJ and TCA is goin to be a match up, weither foust, latimore, mcpeake or whoever is pitching for the bruins (Who are so blessed with pitching depth) agianst TCA's Johnson who has pitched 18 no hit innings with 20 strikeouts or Frazier who is 3-0. They both probly top out high 80's and throw about mid 80's range, Johnson have more stamina and easily being able to go 7 strong innings. The Lions lions have a good lineup with johnson leading off and dreblow frazier and whitehead in the middle of the lineup. USJ has some guys that are very fast and they have a very solid defense. Ross and Gant (8th grader) playing in the middle. Lyles playing both behind the plate and in the outfield, he is so good and a freshmen. The outfield i think besides their pitching will be the glue. In addition they have picked up hunter garret to has teriffic speed about 6.5 60 time with is flyin. But i have my doubts that he will be a very stong force coem tournement time (he is waiting till may so he can play he is a transfer from haywood, tssaa rules state he must sit one year from the day he played his last game. This is the matchup im excited about seeing. expessially come district time.

i hope usj will be good but i think any team would be pretty good...if they could get kids from anywhere like usj does......i could pick some kids up out of Jackson and Huntington and all around west tn and hope i could win to

Problem is you can pick up anyone you want. But can they afford to go to USJ. There are a lot of great athletes USJ can never get because they can't afford it. Jackson better hope USJ doesn't decide to go DivII. If that happens a lot of schools can kiss their best athletes good-bye, becouse they will be on scholarship at USJ.

Problem is you can pick up anyone you want. But can they afford to go to USJ. There are a lot of great athletes USJ can never get because they can't afford it. Jackson better hope USJ doesn't decide to go DivII. If that happens a lot of schools can kiss their best athletes good-bye, becouse they will be on scholarship at USJ.

whether you like it or not usj gives children scholarships (pays their tuition to go to these private schools) so they can have the best athletes. the inside looking.