weekend tournaments in Shelbyville

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Showtime Shootout in Shelbyville this weekend was filled with 75 teams in six divisions. The competition was excellent with great teams in each division.

10 and under Champions Tennessee Express, 2nd Jackson Co. 3rd Lady Scats & Bama's Best

11 and under Champions Ga. Magic, 2nd Knoxville Lady Pride, 3rd Lewisburg Lightning & Sycamore Sparks

12 and under Champions Bama's Best, 2nd Team Tn, 3rd Cheatham Co. Sparks

13 and under Champions Tennessee Liberty, 2nd Tennessee Tigers, 3rd Shelbyville Sport Shop 12's & Tn Flash

14 and under Champions Tn Liberty, 2nd Tn Predators, 3rd Louisville Jaguars & Tn Gold

15/16 and under Champions Shelbyville Sport Shop15's, 2nd Tn Team Pride Coleman15's 3rd Tn Team Pride Woosley16's and Charles Davis Foundation 16's

The 13 and the 15/16 year old divisions were exciting all weekend with a bunch of good games. The 11 year old final fielded two sweet sixteen teams from the 10 year old national last year. Every Division was something to see. Individual performances from different players were every where also. There were 3 players that scored over 40 points in one game also one 50 point outing by a player one team hit 24 three pointers in one game and one team even scored 77 points in one half. Thanks to all the teams and the coaches and fans see-ya next year.

The only teams that were competitive in the 15 and older group was Sport Shop, Team Pride 15, Team Pride 16, and Charles Davis 16.

Team Pride 15, Team Pride 16, and Charles Davis 16 played four pool games in Pool B and C. Sport Shop only played three pool games in Pool A.

However, the Sunday Bracket gave Sport Shop a bye for being A1.

Team Pride 15 got the other side of the bracket with a bye for being B1.

Team Pride 16 ended up C1, but did not get a bye in the bracket. Plus, the bracket was arranged so that Team Pride 16 had to go through their sister Team Pride 15 team for either to get a chance at Sport Shop.

After Team Pride 16 played at 9:15 AM and won by 30 points, they then played at 11:00 AM against Team Pride 15U. This game was an intense, hard fought game that went into over-time. Team Pride 15 won 105 to 103. Sport Shop played Charle Davis 16 at 11:15 and won 100 to 89.

By the time Team Pride 15 got to the championship game, they were pretty tired. I would like to see Sport Shop and the two Team Pride teams play straight up. I think that these games would be fun to watch. But I do think that both Team Pride teams would would beat Sport Shop.

All I have to say I really think the post by CBG is really funny. 119 to 80 is nuff said cause that is how bad Sport Shop 15 under beat Team Pride 15s. Also you were wrong Sport beat CDF 16s 100 to 41 not 100 to 89. If I'm not mistaken Team Pride 15 under only beat them by 3 the first night but guess they were tired then also. Both Pride teams are not bad teams at all but do not down grade a team that that run through the whole tourney with only one game under 40 points. Their no telling how many points they would have scored if they would have had as many practices as both Team Pride teams and if the skunk rule wouldn't have been set with 14 min. to go in the 1st half. Could have scored 160 to 170 :justwrestle:

Edited by showtime7

The only teams that were competitive in the 15 and older group was Sport Shop, Team Pride 15, Team Pride 16, and Charles Davis 16.

Team Pride 15, Team Pride 16, and Charles Davis 16 played four pool games in Pool B and C.  Sport Shop only played three pool games in Pool A.

However, the Sunday Bracket gave Sport Shop a bye for being A1.

Team Pride 15 got the other side of the bracket with a bye for being B1.

Team Pride 16 ended up C1, but did not get a bye in the bracket.  Plus, the bracket was arranged so that Team Pride 16 had to go through their sister Team Pride 15 team for either to get a chance at Sport Shop.

After Team Pride 16 played at 9:15 AM and won by 30 points, they then played at 11:00 AM against Team Pride 15U.  This game was an intense, hard fought game that went into over-time.  Team Pride 15 won 105 to 103.  Sport Shop played Charle Davis 16 at 11:15 and won 100 to 89.

By the time Team Pride 15 got to the championship game, they were pretty tired.  I would like to see Sport Shop and the two Team Pride teams play straight up.  I think that these games would be fun to watch.  But I do think that both Team Pride teams would would beat Sport Shop.

Not sure about the 16U Team Pride......but what would make the next game between the Tenn Pride 15U vs Shelbyville 15U so different? Shelbyville won by 39 and they have not yet practiced this year. This weekend was the the first time they have met as a team in over a year. Shelbyville's defense was poor at times but once they play together a few weeks, they might just be dangerous.

I think the brackets were fair. Both 15U teams played 16U teams Sunday morning prior to the championship game. Shelbyville played a very physical Charles Davis team. Seems like a fair arrangement!

Edited by mtnbikerth