Fairview vs. Camden

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah camden's field is like playing on a little league field I guess Matt's homerun there last year came back and bit him in the butt. Yeah base running mistakes will kill rallies and limit your chances to come back. Well good luck Fairview against Waverly winning 6 in a row against Waverly has to have their coach wanting a win bad.

Camden's center field is 341' and the home run that Raymond Matlock hit was in right/center field and that is at least 325', quiet a bit futher than little league which is 200'. I thought it was a good game from both teams and Camden was just fortunate to get the hits and runs in the 6th inning to get the lead and held on in the seventh to get the win. Both teams played hard and was a good game.

well considering most team's fields are 325' down the left and right field lines... 341' isnt a lot for centerfield... i know Fairview's field is about 330' down the lines and around 375' or so in center. that makes a huge difference. and some places like Marshal County whose left/center and right/center are 420'. i know Camden hit a couple bloop homeruns against us last year but whatever.... if they want to boost their stats go for it!!!

Why complain about the other team hitting a homerun on a short fence when your own team didnt hit one? I dont get why you are complaining. If the fence is so short then why didnt you hit any homeruns?

As for Marshall Co. field, thats bigger than most Major League Ballparks. Ridiculous. Can they not afford a baseball field?

Who pitched for Camden?

I was just stating Camden's field was the smallest I ever played on in high school. Last year one of our guys hit a homerun out that helped beat Camden and I was saying they were getting a little payback. A homerun is a homerun in my book. I love Marshall Co.'s field, it is something different, even though we never won there it was always fun to play there. You have to play smart baseball to win in that park. Trust me Marshall could pay for another field but their facilities are unique an give them a home field advantage. The same can be said about Camden and why they dont have their own field. There players have adjusted to the field and have the advantage of playing there.

thakns fan303 your a good man, and goodness gracious everyone has to hate gerrybertier just got on and posted so i could respond to his post and say how we did, a loss is a loss were not complaining about the short homerun i was just telling my freakin brother how the game went but of course some haters got to get on here and be like well dont complain blah blah..........