McMinn Going To Dalton? Is Brentwood?

gameball

"Georgia has better soccer" is no longer true, in my opinion. In the last few year's Tennessee has stepped up big-time. The only Georgia club team to beat Tennessee's U-18 Impact in the last couple of years is the former USYSA National champion Atlanta Fire---and several of their starters, including their leading scorer, were from South Carolina, not Georgia. Impact has beaten every other Georgia club team it's faced. I think younger Tennessee club teams (U-14 thorugh U-17) from club's like TnFC in Nashville and the Rangers in Memphis have had similar experiences. Tennessee soccer was way behind Georgia about 10 years ago. I think Tennessee is way underestimated today on the regional basis. As for current high school competitiveness, I think gameball presents a pretty good summary. Tennessee soccer is certainly on its way, if it hasn't already arrived in.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy is the best player in Chattanooga. Igor Slisko, Adam Montgomery, and Mitch Thomas are the only players that are in the same category as him. Actually, I would put aaron doyle in that group. Plus Sammy is the cooolest kid ever.

I believe you are forgetting someone who is as good, if not better than the ones you have mentioned, Matt Blair of Oak Ridge.

Tennessee is better than Georgia in high school, but not in club or ODP. However, I think that Dalton will beat farragut. Our team played them both last year and Dalton would have killed Farragut, sorry but it was true. If they had played last year 3-1 Dalton would have been my guess. Sorry to all of you at Farragut, but we, McCallie, tied you and while you were the better team, I think Dalton would still take us to the woodshed.

Other strong players on Dalton are Jose Ulloa, Sammy Ortiz, a kid named Mosca, and another named Andres. All are very strong players.

BTW Sammy was definately the strongest player on our club team that should not even be up for debate. I mean who else from PSA is in that category?

I wouldn't doubt Tennessee soccer if I didn't have a good reason too, considering I play club and high school in Tennessee. What Tennessee city is a tenth as good as Atlanta for club or high school? Shiloh, Duluth, Parkview, Lovett, Westminster, GAC, Mcintosh, and I know there are dozens more very good teams. It is very possible that that team Chattahooche had a similar schedule to Dalton's region where they typically win 10-0. A team who is undefeated can't be ignored in state rankings, however, even if they don't really play anybody. Put Farragut up against Shiloh or Duluth (5A finals teams, this game was on CSS) and they would have a tough game. True, maybe they beat Parkview, I can't remember, but by looking at Parkview's record last year, they seemed to fold towards the end of the season. Since I never saw Farragut last year I really can't say how they would have done with Dalton. I do know that we (CCS) gave Dalton the game of their season, the night before they lost to Knox Catholic. Supposedly their starters sat for about half of the Catholic game. How else do you explain a team that to this point this year has given up one goal give up 4 in one game to a team that didn't seem to have huge games.

I was at the CCS tournament last season and know for a fact that Dalton sat their starters for the entire second half. why? you might ask? ...Dalton thought the rule of players only being allowed to play one and a half games per day of varisty soccer included tournaments... i know, pretty stupid right!?!... therefore at halftime of the Knox Catholic game Dalton sat their starters thinking that if they did not they would be disqualified, punished, something, and therefore Daltons backups were subject to quite a beating at the hands of Knox Catholic.... I will say this in Catholics defense... they were the better conditioned team and maybe would have still won had Daltons starters played... guess we'll never know...finally for those of you thinking Im biased, ill let you know now that Im an Ooltewah fan and HATE Dalton after the terribly trashy way their fans and players acted during and after our teams' matchup at the very same tournament last season... and also my information comes strait from the Dalton head coach whom I spoke with after their loss to Catholic when i sought him out trying to figure out why none of their starters played the second half...

Oh and as for North Georgia as a whole... their soccer is HORRIBLE!! Dalton is the only good team north of metro-Atlanta and thats only thanks to the HUGE latino population that flocks there for the jobs in the carpeting industry(im pretty sure many of them are illegal) outisde of Dalton the teams in North Georgia are awful... if they do that TN-v-North Georgia challenge again this season they should just play Tennessee versus Dalton... it would make for a MUCH better game...

stayNskool, absolutely no disrespect intended here. I enjoy your posts but this one is incorrect. I too was at the CCS tournament and I attended the Dalton Catholic game. The story about Dalton not playing its starters in the second half is not accurate. Unless Sammy (#18), Sandoval (#21) and Vazquez (#7) have twins, all three played the second half and two of them scored. Sammy actually took the last shot of the game for Dalton. The score was 1-1 at halftime and Dalton panicked. Catholic outscored them 3-2 in the second half for the win. The starters sitting excuse simply didn't happen. Dalton's problem was they weren't used to be scored on, Catholic's offense was much much faster than their backs and Catholic was in far better condition. The game was no fluke. Catholic beat Baylor 3-1 two hours later for the tournament championship. Dalton is good. Farragut will win.

Edited by hoya75

sorry if its incorrect but thats what their coach told me after the game... those 3 may have been the only ones to play from varsity in the second half cause i know for a fact that the only white kid on their team touched the field against Catholic and that is what cause me to ask... and yeah they definitely weren't used to being scored on because when we were eating at Subway in between matches we asked the Catholic kids how to beat Dalton... the strategy worked for about 15 minutes and then Ooltewahs backline broke down like a ford and ended with a 7-nil scoreline in Daltons favor... and like i said Catholic is defintely a good team... i enjoyed watching the games of theirs that i could manage at that tourney

Ok, I apologize for hitting on some of you in this post but, I talk to people all over this state I played with and against. I know several coaches from campps and keep up with alot of what's going on. That is why my post are full of facts not just baloney. I started this post so let me close it. All this really makes no difference, we will see next week between Farragut and Dalton. PSAFOUR, You say last year Dalton, would have beaten Farragut, I believe if soccerinfo is correct Farragut beat you 3-0 Last year but that was a scrimmage and doesn't mean anything, your tie with Farragut this year was a scrimmage where both Teams subbed alot and you scored on a third string freshman goalkeeper, you didn't play a real game, so scores don't matter. I got that info from a coach of a team in your Division who was there. NOt to kick your butt , but he said Farragut was by far the better team, DOESN'T matter IT WAS A SCRIMMAGE, Let it go . I agree with Hoya, Dalton did not sit their starters and Coach Matt Cheaves is a good coach and wouldn't have told somebody that anyway... so who did you ask STAYNSKOOL who knew for a fact . Catholic is good and deserved that win and has been on a constant improvement since that game and would beat Dalton again.today. I really don't mean to make people mad, I just to keep up with soccer in the state, but I want real info, not slanted or untrue. No need to hit me back, let's just wait until Farragut and Dalton play and I'll eat my words if Tenn soccer doesn't whoop up on Ga Soccer

I was not going by the scores man. I realize that Farragut game last year was a scrimmage and this year they were better than us as well. Dalton however i still feel was the better team. Against Farragut we had 12 field players in our first scrimmage and only had four returning starters, so losing 4-0 was not that bad for us. Against Dalton we had our whole team back and had more experience, but still got smacked around much worse than the Farragut game. "Let it go" what does that refer to. I am in no way bitter against Farragut, I know they have the better teams these past two or three years. However, I am just saying that in my humble opinion I feel like Dalton was the stronger team. No disrespect to farragut.

I was not at the game of Dalton vs. Knox Catholic. However, i have to believe the game was a bit flukey and something went wrong b/c Dalton was a much better team than Catholic. WHen and where is this game I would love to see it.

Prediction for this year: 2-2

PSA,since you apparently wish to revisit the past, let me again point out that last year Farragut totally destroyed two of the better AAAAA teams in Georgia on their onw fields, with their own refs, on back to back days. Totally destroyed. I don't believe Dalton would have been any different. You are welcome to your opinion, but I don't think it has much merit.