Umpire gaff

LCborn

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you umpire you will make mistakes and thats ok as long as overall you try to get calls right. I know some umpires that could care less if the calls are right they have a saying that i'm looking for 42 outs the sooner i get them the sooner i get to go home. I know one umpire that after every game he does he tells that he believes he just missed 1 maybe 2 calls and thats if he's behind the plate. But his next sentence is i realized in the 2nd inning my strike zone was a little tight so in the next inning i changed it. So he don't even believe his own calls sometimes. That also tells me he missed every call the first 2 innings of the game and that could cost some teams the game.

Yes the umpires i have seen in area games are bad. Even the refs for high school sub state and state games were bad. I go to Alcoa and i paint up and one of our students wears a ref shirt and a couple of games especially the game against PF in Sub State I thought I was going to have to throw him on the court to call the game

the umpire shouldnt mean anything between a win and a loss.... score more and they cant decide the game