Is this the best start for any pitcher in East TN?

Bear For Life

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guesswho?????? Perrine don't throw no where near 84-85. We played him about 2 weeks ago and beat him, and I would say mid 70's is all he hits on his best day. Yeah he is a decent pitcher, but he don't throw near that hard.

On average he hits high 70's and low 80's. I said OCCASIONALLY he hits mid 80's... like in showcases or whenever his arm is feeling really good. Comeon now!

hey central10, it was 6-1 or 6-0 in the 3rd inning i think, and loveday hit a 2 run homerun, made it 6-3, game should have ended there, the umps gave you 4 runs. all those stupid calls, even your own coach said they were lucky to win because those were the worst umps he has ever seen, plus record doesnt mean anything.

Edited by zervos34

Denny Perrine is a good pitcher but come on. Hes not a great pitcher. Im not trying to put him down or anything but come on. 50 strikeouts in 23 innings. Who were you guys playing, the 9-10 year old all stars. Come on, you guys are making this guy way overrated. Denny dont get me wrong youre a good pitcher but your not a great pitcher.

dsmith1010...you said it perfectly. Perrine is a decent pitcher. I never once said he wasn't, but there is no way he throws 85 in a game. Yeah he might take a crow-hop and throw one that hard from 50 ft. but in a game situation from the mound...mid to high 70's is all. But still he is a pretty good pitcher, has a decent swerve too. But he is not near the best pitcher around.

It is unfortunate that people can not give credit to someone who is doing good. A person does not have to throw 90 to be an effective pitcher. How hard does Greg Maddux throw? How many Cy Young awards does he have? How many post season wins does he have? When some of you all play at the next level (which most of you will not) you will learn that pitch location and speed variance is the key to being a good pitcher. Plus, it is good for Denny's arm that he is not throwing that hard yet. Roger Clemons did not break 90 until late into his amateur career. But I am sure that people where setting around talking about how horrible of a pitcher he was because he couldn't throw gas. Also, as you mature as a hitter, you will want to face a guy who throws fast. The faster they throw, the farther it goes. But when a guy can change his speed on any pitch and hit his spot, that is the guy who is dangerous. So anyway, Denny, keep striking kids out and having a great season. Who cares if anyone around here recongnizes it. You can do your talking next from the NCAA. And remember, the slider revolutionized baseball and a 1 5 2 always gets 'em.

Edited by bigcat33

hey bigpussycat33...when did I ever say Perrine was a bad pitcher? When did I ever cut down on him? That's what I thought...I didn't. You can look in every messege I've put, I said he is a pretty good pitcher. All I was discrediting is that he doesn't throw mid 80's, I've faced him, I know he doesn't. I said he was a decent pitcher. So has Perrine already signed a pro contract with the cubs to pitch along side of Maddox or something...and he's gonna get the Cy Young for 2004... I don't think we are talking about Clemons or Maddox...we are talking about Denny Perrine...keep them strait, aight.