playing time

s3softball

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well...I think you eventually earn your spot.. Coach doesn't just give them out to anyone...When I started playing we didn't have a J/V team so now that I play I wouldn't want some winey player take my spot just b/c she's went to coach all crying and all complaining that she doesn't get to start...If one did that we'd all eventually give up our spots to players that don't start... HS softball teams don't play to give equal playing time to all players they play to win and represent their school...not just so people see ya out there playing...Coach usually puts out his 9 best and other teams put out their best 9... Wouldn't that be the fair battle?

I know of a great private school in Brentwood that is very well known for their athletics and academics. They could use a few softball players, the well is starting to dry up. Think about it - great school, great academics, four year starter! May cost you a few bucks for tutition.