Farragut vs. Bearden

flyinV

Guest legolas

I didn't get to see the game but have seen both teams play this year. I would say that Farragut is stacked as compared to Bearden and would expect that they have a good chance to repeat as state champs. I like Farragut's style of play much more than that of Bearden. Bearden dumps the ball long and doesn't look like a team that would control the ball long enough to beat a really top team. I would however watch out for the team from Hendersonville. I got to see them play a couple of games this weekend and if they get it together as a team they could probably be a good match for Farragut. They are big, fast and skilled. They let one goal in by Parkview from Atlanta(ranked 8th nationally as of April 5th) and had chances to beat them. Mark my words, if they get it together, they could whup up on ya.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fact is that the level of play is down this year in Tennessee. Last year Bearden, Farragut, and Christian Brothers were clearly the best teams in the state. Most of the better players, at least in east TN, graduated.

Beardens team, it is basically their JV team from last year plus Todd V.

Farragut, has Doyle who is more concerned about kicking a football, and next year they will probably have a down year.

bottom line.. If this years Farragut team played any of the decent teams of the past, they would get beat.. the skill level is down and has dropped off to where it was several years ago

FYI champ, Farragut returns three all region, all-KIL players and one all stater. They have another 1-3 who will be all-region,KIL and maybe all-state this season. All in all, their senior class this season is stronger than it was last season. Everybody in-the-know has known that for some time.

Remember what I said about your recognizing talent? Still stands.

Like I said they have Doyle and I'll give Broboski~? some credit and say he can step up and hit a PK. Little Backstrom will be good in the future, but other than that..

The other players don't play in the big games.. they score 1/3 of the goals against herritage

as for the all region crap.. there are only like 3 teams that are good in the region so I would hope the best team in the region has that many players. (the region is down, and so is the state for that matter!!)

and you can't even say that this years senior class is better

Like I said they have Doyle and I'll give Broboski~? some credit and say he can step up and hit a PK. Little Backstrom will be good in the future, but other than that..

The other players don't play in the big games.. they score 1/3 of the goals against herritage

Umm Bryan Hill is one of the top defenders around and Jared Britcher is better than most if not all forwards in Knoxville.