Jefferson County Football

EastTNGuru

word out of dumplin valley is the new coach is causing some problems w/the remaining coaching staff? smash, what's the word at hardee's? spring practice, from my source, will be in mid may and will only be 1 (ONE) week long, and will be held in shorts????? sounds like the coaches and players are getting the short end of the stick in the valley on this one.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Are you talking about Coach Euverard? It is your system's fault. They don't have a teaching position for him to come up now. Therefore, he must put bacon on the table for his family, doesn't he? Maybe you should offer him somewhere to live and put some money in his pocket to entice him to burn some sick leave days??

Guest region4fan

Let me tell you that Marty is one of the finest men around. My son played for him when Oakland won the state. We respect him and all of his assistants greatly in my house. It is with much sadness that I see him leaving for a program that doesn't seem like they will appreciate the jewel that they have in Coach U. Suc it up and support the man. I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.

Coach U, if you are reading this.....it is not too late to change your mind! We love and support you here at Oakland. AND we won't badmouth you at Hardee's!

Edited by region4fan

region4fan,don`t judge Jeff Co fans based on what some nut who doesn`t even know the Patroits.We`re glad we have a good young Coach,but you`ll have to excuse us.This years seniors have had three Coaches in 4 years,while we`re ready to accept the new Coach and welcome him to the Patroit the players may have a little trouble attaching very quickly.The team got very attached to Coach Meadows and was crushed when he said he was leaving.I have not heard one bad word about Coach Euverard since he got here,there are some Coaching spots to fill but I haven`t heard any problem with the Coaches.

Guest region4fan

Glad to hear what you had to say. We are very protective of Coach U our way. However, I have heard from this little Hardee's bunch before on here. Yes, they do criticize things and they are the ones that I am worried about. Also there is a real nut from JC that we have tangled with MANY times online. He goes by JPATS and seems to be attending practice everyday. He was so critical of everything that your past coach did. I feel for Marty if that quack is still around!

I hope that Marty does not live to regret leaving us at Oakland even though the pickins are slim due to Siegel.................the fans are still here to stay!

Guest Oakland

i wondered what happened with him. i thought he just got too depressed with d-b beating jeff co but i guess coacht finally had enuff. but boy, must have had some of the longest threads this past summer thanks to jpats

region4fan,there will be a teaching position open as soon as Coach Meadows gets the heck out town,I guess WB doesn`t have a spot for him either.As far as spring practice thats something we just can`t change right now because we don`t expect Coach Euverard to drive all the way down here for practice.As far as having practice in shorts its the Coaches choice,we don`t know the system he will be putting in so I would guess that spring practice would be more of a teaching thing.Got a question for you though,with Coach Euverard being a former QB you would think he would like to throw the ball a good amount,but I have heard that he is a run first -run second Coach,how much passing does he like to do?,did you guys throw the ball alot?

region4fan,there will be a teaching position open as soon as Coach Meadows gets the heck out town,I guess WB doesn`t have a spot for him either.As far as spring practice thats something we just can`t change right now because we don`t expect Coach Euverard to drive all the way down here for practice.As far as having practice in shorts its the Coaches choice,we don`t know the system he will be putting in so I would guess that spring practice would be more of a teaching thing.Got a question for you though,with Coach Euverard being a former QB you would think he would like to throw the ball a good amount,but I have heard that he is a run first -run second Coach,how much passing does he like to do?,did you guys throw the ball alot?

That doesn't surprise me, you guys haven't been very physical the last two or three years anyway.

Guest Oakland

euverard will adjust his offense according to what talent he has. when oakland had good qb's evuerard threw it about 12-18 times a game, but the last few years we have had the same qb and needless to say he wasnt much of a qb so oakland was a run first run second team the last few years. but to answer your question, if jeff co has a good qb i am he will throw it regularly, but if he thinks he has better chances with the rb's controlling the game he will do so. it just comes down to personnel