Jefferson County Football

EastTNGuru

Guest region4fan

We had a QB with an arm like a young girl. He couldn't throw for the life of him. If he did , count on an INT. Since he was the starting QB for 3 years, no throwing for us. He used to scramble and be a big threat when he had the ball...like a McNair. Plus we had a heck of a back in Carlos Crawford who ran for over 1500 yds this year against the likes of Lincoln County, Riverdale, Franklin, Smyrna, and Brentwood Academy. I think if you have a rocket arm up there, you will see some passing. We now have a QB at OHS that has a cannon arm. So we are hoping to see some passing ourselves!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

I understand about the teaching slot situation. I just got my hackles raised when it was insinuated that Marty was giving the kids the short end of the stick by no fault of his own. Marty has tremendous work ethic and has the big ring to prove it! I will continue to watch out for him even though he will be gone from us. That is how much he is loved and respected at Oakland!

As a Smyrna parent and fan and someone who has followed high school football for many years JC has gotten one of the best coaches in the state. I have been around a lot of coaches on the sidelines over the past few years and he know how to coach.

He carried a team down to Lincoln County last year that quite honestly talent wise should have been beaten like a drum and nearly beat them so he can coach.

As a Smyrna parent and fan and someone who has followed high school football for many years JC has gotten one of the best coaches in the state. I have been around a lot of coaches on the sidelines over the past few years and he know how to coach.

He carried a team down to Lincoln County last year that quite honestly talent wise should have been beaten like a drum and nearly beat them so he can coach.

Nearly don't count in this game, girls.

Wow how funny and original a name less face less poster refering to others as girls.

Are you comedy writer on tv? That is so original.

here are some others you could have used

close only counts in hand grenades

close only counts in horse shoes

close but no cigar

Nearly doesn't count as a win but it sure does count when your talking about a coaches skill when facing a team with far better talent which is the point being made.

*When you have some one read this to you be sure and pay attention no one said being close counted for anything.

*note I made a joke about you not being able to read which is certainly not original but you called me a girl first ;)

I think that we are all a just a little dumber today for having read that worthless little rampage. Lincoln County played arguably their worst game of the year against Oakland and still won. I'm actually surprised that nobody on this Board has questioned his character for leaving a school with depleted resources and talent for another school that is the only one within its county borders...

Guest region4fan

Considering Caoch U is originally from East TN and his father lives close to the school where he is now employed...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess he might consider going. Add in the bad health of said father and that his old high school coach offered him the job b/c he is at the school (so great support from admisistration) EQUALS...................no reason to question anyone's character but yours.

Your right LC played their worst game because

1.The sun was in their eyes

2.It was cold

3.They had a groin pull

4.A guy on coach t called them girls and hurt their feelings!!!!!

Well got to go do my nails Im sure you are off to go hunt or something manly you do when your not-----------------------------typing on a computer calling people girls!! :D:o:lol::lol:

Guest region4fan

Tell him, Cat. It's great to be on the same side with you!! I forgot how scathing your barbs can be!!

Marty...it's not too late............get away from these...........these............these.....girl haters!

...You Middle Tennessee people are certainly odd, nonetheless. Nearly all of the reasons that you mentioned for Coach Eurovolkswagen hold true for Coach Meadows doing the same, and I think it's about time that everyone gets off of his back for leaving such a 'classy' bunch of folks.

And just for you Jefferson County people reading this...the best coach you guys have ever had has been walking the halls for 20+ years. You guys are absolutely retarded if you didn't beg and plead Coach Buster Brimer to take the job, plain and simple.

Guest Oakland

nobody questioned euverards character cuz he was at oakland for 6 years, it would kill meadows to stay somewhere for that long. and lincoln co may have played it worst game of the year against oakland, but oakland had a lot to do with it, so dont even compare meadows with euverard, by the time meadows is through he will have prolly coached at half of the high schools in the state!

Guest region4fan

I didn't question Meadows character or say anything negative about him. I don't know him or anything about him. I do know Mmarty Euverard very well and am qualified to discuss him at length. How about you? Have you even met him yet? Yeah, just what I thought. Mad that your candidate didn't get the job, huh? Maybe you are Buster yourself? Did you even apply , or are you just arrogant enough to think that they will come begging you to coach? If you speak to everyone in the disrespectful tone you used on here, no wonder you have no chance of getting the job. Imagine how you would treat kids!I don't appreciate how you disrespected Marty's name either. You haven't even given him a chance, have you??The funny thing about it is, if Marty came on here and read what you wrote about him....he would immediately pray for you and your family, He would forgive you w/o even knowing you. That is the kind of guy that Marty is. The kind who has the guts to take his players to see Passion of the Christ because he cares about their soul and NOT just their football ability. The kind who we need back in Middle Tennesee. But I see now why he is headed there........YOU need him to help change your miserable little life.

Just wondering if you were at the Oakland /Lincoln County game??? Of course you weren't..............so your OPINION doesn't count. Oakland took on the giant with an excellent game plan...have you heard of those??? They just about brought the mighty giant down, And we couldn't be prouder of our boys. See at Oakland, we love em.... win or lose. And even if we lost our coach, we are still behind him no matter where he goes.