Region Track Meets

TrackRules

Track rules I know for a fact that Brentwood's boys track team is far and away one of the worst in its history. Noel is the only descent runner they got, other then that, theres nothing. Their 4x800 team is horrible, but they think they are one of the best in the state. I dont know how Brentwood even allows that team to compete, it is just such an embarrasment to the entire school. If it were up to me, there would be no guys track team at all. Hopefully, next year after the horrible seniors of this year are gone, the guys team will have a chance to actually compete.

Guest kenwoodrun

Ouch...you just laid the lumber to Brentwood's boys. You don't sound really happy. Fortunately, I don't think their 4x8 is going to have to be very good to make it to state because the region looks really really not good in the 4x8 this year. We won it last year in 8:08 and right now we are running 9:10 with four totally new guys. If they are running 8:20 or under, they are in the hunt. We are awful in the 4x8 this year. We'd get burned by Bumbi running beside us.

By the way, do you know if Kim Partee is running this year? She missed track last year. I can't seem to find Scott Hartman results anywhere.

Guest kenwoodrun
Yes, Kim Partee is running this year...I know she did cross country...how are the Kenwood teams looking?

To quote the little guy from "Waterboy"...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!! WE stink AGAIN!!!!!!!!!"

Honestly, I'm the distance coach, so I look at our destroyed, depleted distance crew and it gets me in a negative mindset about the whole team. But then when I objectively look at the whole team, we still aren't anywhere near the standard that we usually live up to. We've had either our boys or girls in the top 10 at state every year, but it isn't going to happen this time around. We'll have a pretty good boys 4x1 / 4x2 combo, and a good high jumper. For the girls, we'll have a competitive 4x4 / 4x8 combo. After that, we are meat. We might still win the city on the boys side, but we are way behind Rossview on the girls side just in our own city. It's the worst team we've had in the 6 yrs I've been here.

However, they have a guy named Reece "Rowdy" Doughty <_< who can haul in the 200. rumor has it, he will do the triple jump too.

Yeah I was at a meet with Brentwood earlier this year and Brentwood did have a really fast guy in the 200, I guess it was Rowdy Doughty or whatever...