USN V. Farragut

Guest BIGRUSN

Guest BIGRUSN

USN pulled of a good win over Farragut today by one. We trailed the first half because #3 was dodging and we couldnt get a body on him. However, the second half they only had one goal, maybe two whereas we settled down and played our offense and used time. the score was 7-8 or 8-9, Ik know we only won by one.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was completely one-sided, by different teams in separate halves. In the first half, Farragut dominated and went into half up 6-1. In the second half, it was a typical "game is in the bag" meltdowns. USN outscored Farragut 7-1 with three goals in the final three minutes. Farragut's injuries and lack of depth because of ending up killing them in. Great game and good luck to USN.

how about yall all stop making excuses and just accept that yall got beat. yall knew that yall were going to to not have some people so you have to adjust you cant blame the loss on them not being there. USN obviously adjusted to what yall were doing and came back and won. thats that and they won its over stop making excuses.

sorry, i wasnt trying to be mean i was just saying that yall have to adjust when people arent always playing their best or not there it wasnt a direct cut down or anything like that i was just trying to say that a good team would learn how to adjust and i mean yall obviously didnt have a problem scoring because yall were up at the half.

Im pretty sure fouir out of six of those goals came from one of our attackmen. He played really well the first half but our other two struggled. They are both freshmen and one doesnt play. Our midfield possessed well the first half and ran some good plays but the second half we were just to tired form lack of depth. its pretty sad when a team cantr afford to lose one person on the team or everything goes wrong.

Guest BIGRUSN

We put a fast defender on Number 3 but he wasnt fast enough so he would get beat every time. The second half we put or big guy on him and pushed him around. he had no chance. Once we shut him down they had nothing.

Bored on a Saturday afternoon I went out to see this game. It started out with #3 on Farragut dominating USN's D scoring 3 straight goals. Farragut seemed better at every position except attack but earlier posts say that Farragut was missing one of their top scorers at attack so I'll leave that in the air. USN only had #24 and #14 on offense and they ran everything off these guys. Farragut was simply shutting them down in the first half and their goalie was amazing. I almost left at half because Farragut was up 6-1 but I decided to stay for the third. It started out with USN scoring in the first minute due to a coach conduct penalty which put them two men down. This seemed to change the momentum completely. USN started to score off mediocre shot looks and Farragut's goalie looked like a whole different one. Farragut was also having trouble clearing the ball in the second half after no trouble in the first. USN possessed the ball prob 70% of the time in the second and every time Farragut touched it they would turn it over. It was amazing how this game turned around with USN scoring three goals in the final three minutes to when by one. Farragut simply choked on this one and seemed to be out of shape. In my opinion, (so USN don't get upset), Farragut was a clearly better team who simply threw this game away. In the playoffs, I see Farragut being a very dangerous team for whoever draws them in the first round.

Guest BIGRUSN

I dont respect that analysis. Im mostly offended since im a USN long pole, but i can take a shot or two at my play. Number 14 is definately th eplayer for USN, but there is no luck in his play. His stick holds the ball like glue and he is the fastest person on the field most games. Number 24 may have luck but he is the hardest working player on the team. He's easily our best middie and has a terribly acurate and hard shot. Just because Farragut outplayed us in the first half doesnt mean they were the better team. We ajusted the second half, moved defenders, we planned our ride so that their goalie would handle the ball and shut down their clear. USN just ajusted better than farragut and forced the ball into the hands of the players that werent comfortable with it. I would say the the way we used weaknesses against them makes us a better team. Just because they are missing one player doesnt mean the whole team goes down the tubes. USN won the game due to smart teamwork and hard play. no question. FArragut just didnt have enough weapons.