Top Players in District 9AA

yellowjacket21

Wow, yellowjacket21, it that a loaded question or what? To figure that out will require some time. I guess I've seen most of the teams play at least twice with the exception of Giles Co. I pretty much know the lineups of all the teams. So that's 54 players in 9 postions - maybe I'll have something later tonight when I get caught up on my reports.

Edited by PageMan

pageman would be the man if he was going to compile the list. man imagine this post last year, everyone had a stud/studs on their team. i would of put last year's district pitching staff up against anyones. Lykiens,Wishire, Smithson, Lamm, and I could name four or five more. all I can say is wow. But those three from Fairview would be high up on the list this year.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

I hear district 9aa is down this year from years past?? any truth?? Gerry i know u got a comment or two so lets hear um and lets hear u back up your brother.

Well I can't really comment on this year's top district talent because I haven't seen any teams besides Fairview played. Yellowjacket21 listed some of Fairview's best players on here and I would have to agree with him. I played in this district for two years and last year it lost alot of seniors who were very talented, Loretto lost 11, Page lost several, Fairview lost five starters, Giles lost their top players, Marshall lost alot of talent, and Lewis lost Mendez. So I really can't remeber any Juniors or below last year that stood out in my mind, but I know they are out there. District 9AA had 12 or more baseball players go on to the next level if I am correct. The district may be down but still think it is better than 10AA.

i think lewis county has a couple that could be on this list 1 definately. tim watson has to be on this list he wouldnt have a loss this year if lewis could field. he no hit giles county. the two runs the scored where off of walks and errors. he also hit a monster home run in the second game of that double header which lewis won both of. the second game went nine innings. drew wills and nathaniel sublett should be considered to drew is lewis most consistent pitcher he pitched seven strong innings against giles and sublett came in and pitched the last two.sublett just needs a higher concentration level when he concentrates he has nasty stuff. i cant remember who pitched against fairview when you played at lewis county. i know we play thursday so i guess well see you then. this is just my opinion just thought i would throw it out there

Edited by 1ad

In the Fairview at Lewis Co. game on 4-5-03 where Lewis won 6-2, Nathaniel Sublett was the starter with relief from Tim Watson in the 6th. I'll have to agree with you, 1ad, that Watson should definitely be on the list, and both Drew Wills & Sublett are good candidates.