Thanks Coach Painter

GovMan

It looks like Coach Stan Painter (William Blount's Girls' Coach) will be resigning as coach. Stan has a young son that is experiencing some health concerns and I'm sure that right now, being dad and husband is more of a priority than being coach. Please pray that the doctors will figure everything out with the Painter's young boy and that he'll be fine in a very short while.

In the meanwhile, thanks to Coach Painter for laying the foundation and moving the Lady Governors program in the direction it is headed. I really believe, whoever comes in next, is inheriting a gold mine. They've got a bonafide star (sophomore Angela Puleo) to build around and a wealth of talent to surround her.

Thanks Stan ... and I'm praying for you and your family.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the candidates to replace Coach Painter?

Isn't Puleo's dad the baseball coach at WB. Will he have heavy influence in the decision on the coach?

Any possibility on movement within the district to get this job? I thin kI heard that Puleo's dad is really close to another coach in teh district, not for sure who it is, but was wondering if that card would be played by Puleo to get the next girl's coach at WB.

Just interesting banter - give me some thoughts Govman

2Hot,

Several names are being tossed around ... I think it's a bit premature to even mention any right now. I do understand that at least one person from within the school is interested. I really believe that it's a golden opportunity for someone to step in and be pretty successful right away.

Yes, Charlie Puleo (former pitcher with Mets and Braves) is the WB Head Baseball Coach. Yes his daughter is the bell cow for the next three years. Yes he is very interested in who's going to come in and coach (as we all are as supporters and parents of players). I believe Charlie will be content to let the process run its course--putting a lot of faith in our fine A.D.--but I'm sure, like the rest of us, if he knows of a good possible candidate for the job, he'd share it with the powers that be.

There has been a lot of speculation started about another coach in the district, but trust me (really) at this point it is just that ... speculation.

Govman-

Just heard that Kim Bledsoe (AD Moore's daughter) from Maryville is going to take the job. Is this true? I also heard through the grapevine that a boy's coach within the district had applied. ANy truth to any of these rumors?

Vested Governor fan

2Hot,

Actually, Kim's "dad" was the former WB A.D.. The current A.D.--Don Moore, Jr.--is Kim's older brother.

No, I can officially confirm that Coach Bledsoe is not a candidate for the WB job. She is not only happy where she is, but feels a strong sense that Maryville is "where she is supposed to be." That may make more sense to some than others.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the applicants being considered at this point fit the "boys coach of another district team" description.

I'll try to keep you informed. Your "Vested Governor fan" statement really intrigues me. If you wanted to "pm" me and tell me more, I'd welcome it.