All-Americans

ThePenAtrAtoR69

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be three, and Brakebill is a given. Will there be a chance for a goalie or defender to get it, are there any that are good enough to get it? The All-American's have usually been the best offensive players so that would be the top three offensive players.

I think Burns is a shoe in. If you lead the state in scoring which he is by a pretty solid majority, there is usually a reason for it. He could be a legitmate DI player if he works on his left. The rest I think are up for grabs. Usually you would assume that anyone committed to Towson from TN would be selected but outside of a dominating performance against MBA, Brakebill really hasnt been that productive, connecting on only 20 out of 105 shots.He has however been a monster on GB's (75). I think Gibson (34g, 23a, 70 shots, 41 gbs) and Gillespie (29g, 25a, 57 shots, 30 gbs) have as good a chance as anybody. I dont think that any one defenseman has stood out enough to garner the award but I do think that Regan and Baucom both have fair chances. We'll know in about a month.

There are players that have more GBs and more goals and more assists than Brakebill, so I don't know if the GBs are going to help. Granted Mccallie has played a lot of hard teams those numbers don't seem like enough to help him. The only other middy competing with Brakebill in stats has more points and only 17 less GB, and he is a junior. So we will see.

Guest BIGRUSN

Isnt it kind of hard for a defenseman to get all maerican. The last one was trevor knight from MUS, and he got it the same year as Zac Cypress from USN, but Zac lit him up durring the tournement. Im wondering if the all american for a defenseman is based on play, which knight did not proove, or based on stats which he was fairly good in.