LEWIS CO. coaching?

panther037

From what iI here the coaches for the lady panthers are terrible.the team has pleanty of talent but i believe it is the coaching staff that is holding the team from what they can really do.

One of the coaches left and the remaining one told the girls that it was thier falt he left,and to top that off he even told them that the only reason he was coaching was because the school was about to close the program.

Now call me crazy but should'nt coaches be supportive of thier teams no matter if they are on a winning or loosing streak?

Well panther037, it's not really the coaches. Yes, we have a great team with a lot of good atheletes with great talent. We are just having a few bad games. But girls we are going to work hard to overcome this. I know we all make errors, i make them just as much as everybody else, and i know i get down on myself more than anybody but we all need to just help each other out and don't let ourselves get down so much. I know i will have to teach myself to not get down on myself so much. I do apolize for the comments about the coach. Every girl on the team including myself need to work on improvements that can't be helped by the coach. The mental mistakes that we make during the game aren't the coaches fault, it's our fault. I know we all like to blame it on something other than ourself so we blame the coach. But what we really need to do is forget it and go back out there with our heads up ready to play ball. So just keep it up and i know if we work hard we can be the team that we know we can be. -Riley

Edited by playhard

You girls do get along together, from the short time I spent with you. Im sure your team unity transfers to the field. Getting down on yourself will not help anything. If you make an error, make up for it on the next play.

Now, about the coaches. I cant say that is true or not, but I doubt that a coach would down his/her own team like that. Ive witnessed it before, but its a very rare case.

I dont have alot to input on this subject except for what I know to be true from seeing the team play, knowing the coaches who have worked with the team, and having heard what some parents have said. First, and foremost, it is up to the team to play hard the entire game. Mistakes, physical and mental, are all part of the game, and players should learn and not make the same mistakes over and over. Defense wins games, and there have been times where there was very little defense played. Mistakes made early, moral dropping, case closed. Secondly, the coaches, who I feel have done well considering the circumstances. It is a small town, and everything that gets said gets back to them I am sure, so all of the utterings that they are the main problem with the team is in their head no matter how hard they try to block it. You had 3 guys, 2 of which were VOLUNTEERING time and energy to help the girls, not their egos and not their wallets, only for the pride in the program and school. Finally, there are always parents who feel that they could do a better job with a group if they had them. The idea that my kids an All-Star and should be the center of the team is ridiculous. There is alot of talent, dont get me wrong, but coaches cant do their job the way it should be done when there are bleachers full of "coaches" at every game. Kid plays well, a pat on the back from the coaches on the field and all glory when they get home. A kid playes poorly, makes some mistakes, a coach attempts to correct the mistakes and whent the kid gets home to the coaches at home, pat on the back and good game. Tends to undermine the corrections the coaches try to make when the parents dilute it by saying you played well, coaching got us beat. Coaches dont drop fly balls, miss ground balls, make throwing or baserunning mistakes, and, last time I checked, werent allowed to pinch hit at any point in the game. Coaches coach, parents cheer, and players play. And, when it all works the way it should, teams win games.

Im not from Lewis County or anything , but i just wanted to say that as long as there's people who r going around saying things about the coachs and the way they coach things for sure arent gonna get better , but at the same time the players deserve to have coachs that r good and who wanna be there b/c its obvious that the girls do.

In response to the comment that coaches do not drop fly balls and make the errors on the field, that is true. The players are the ones who are making the mental and physical mistakes. but on another note, "practice makes perfect". And Lewis county lately have not been having the best of all practices. They do not work on skills such as running to a fly ball and catching it with both hands, or how to come up to throw the right way, how to run bases, or even how to slide. Simple things as though they may seem, have not been practiced. These things are things the girls SHOULD know by now, that is true, but if things are not practiced, they are forgotten. I believe with more developed practices learning skills to brush up on their defense, it will very much improve the mental errors at least. These girls need to polish up on old stuff. If you don't use it, you will lose it. And this is not a coaching problem at all, the girls ned to step up and make suggestions. Playing ball this long, they should know what they need. Step up girls and you can make a winning effort. Things can be improved. Do not blame coaching, help them out and you will help each other return this season to a winning one.