Warren County vs. Cookeville

wc15

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me make sure I understand this. The linesman cost you the game because he left the field 5 times. You did say the score was 5-4? How can you blame the linesman - and 5 times?

Then go back and read Colussus. Then you said all your hard work was for nothing. Was it for nothing because you didn't get post season honors? That's your implication. Are you an automatic all-something (district, region,) because you letter four years?

Then read the last sentence of David.

Being at your games has nothing to do with reading your posts.

We'll see how long the new guy stays.

Who ever said the linesman left the field five times? At the half, Blackman was winning 4-0 and with around fifteen minutes left in the game we had come back and were trailing 5-4 when the linesman decided he had to go. Looked like a pretty hefty swing in momentum if you ask me. I'm not saying that WC would have won the game but the loss in momentum sure didn't help. About the post season honors-I know, without a doubt that my counterpart and I were "All-Something" players but for what ever reason, we weren't allowed to show it. In my case, I believe it's because I ran into a little bit of trouble outside of school. However, it's in the past and I'm over it now. I'm in college, I'm playing soccer in college, I'm assisting in coaching high school teams, so it's all good. I defend myself because I don't appreciate people putting me and my former team and teammates down when they haven't the slightest idea what they're talking about.

The point of those remarks about the linesman was just showing that when WC plays at home they are not always the victor. This was in response to some ones earlier comment of the refs always "screw" the opposing teams when they play WC at home. If you would actually read the whole thread you would have known that before you got on here and started talking about something you obviously know nothing about

I've read the whole thing too. And I understand why cw said that. I've also read wc15's posts before which seem to have been supportive of Warren County. But if you go back and read your posts you will see why cw answered as he did.

You really appear to be upset with your former coach and taking shots at him, for whatever reason. He's a good man with a big heart; maybe too big. He put up with a lot of junk for years from guys who thought they were owed something because they'd played soccer forever - forget that they weren't any good - after playing all those years. Or that other players were better.

Those players (and probably their parents) thought the deserved something just because they'd played "fourteen years." Wrong!!! He kept players on the team that other coaches might have cut - and you know it. And some of those tried to make his life miserable.

cw is just saying that a bunch of you are whining and making excuses. And you are!

Yeah yeah. Here we have, yet another, non-soccer playing person who wants to stick their nose in a soccer board and talk trash about things where they know nothing. I would love for someone to point out where I've been whining because I don't think I have been; only stating facts.

Why do you assume that anyone who agrees with you is a "non-soccer playing person?"

How's this for whining? No wonder you didn't earn post season honors. Your hard work wasn't for nothing. I'm sure your team mates and fans appreciated it. It's just that people thought you weren't as good as other players in your area.

Blackman beat us 5-4 because a certain referee had to exit the game due to a sudden "call from nature" That my friend, is getting screwed and that my friend happened on our home field.

This is from Collosus: I heard none of them even got any district honors??? Hard to believe that, I watched them all play last season and they all played with alot of heart and skill despite the harsh criticism of their former coach. I'm not saying that the ones that got the honors by any means don't deserve them, they did. But how is it that two four year letterman just looked over??

And then you answer: I'm one of those four-year lettermen. I'd love to tell you but I don't think coacht is the oppropriate place to do so. I greatly appreciate the opinions you offered Collosus, lets me and my counterpart (the other letterman)know that all our hard work wasn't for nothing.