TCA is the best team in the state

billydakid2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely agree with you. The record doesn't seem that special. Eight losses seems like a whole lot for the best team in the state. Especially since TCA's schedule is rated 82nd out of 95, and when Farragut has only lost 1 (50th toughest schedule in AAA) and Walker Valley (54th in AA) hasn't lost yet in the state.

Maybe it's a little early for a coronation. Win the state championship and report back.

It's cool that you're true to your school, though.

Edited by LCborn

TCA is definitely a very much improved baseball team. They probably aren't the best team in the state, but still a very good team. The Lions should be able to compete in post-season play in Class A and it will be interesting to see how they do.

It's amazing how some people want to bash other teams on here. Last time I checked, USJ had a VERY good record and also plays a pretty tough schedule.

The Lions are a scrappy, well-coached team and have had a great season so far. Enough said.

TCA WOULD NOT WIN A GAME AGAINST THE LIKES OF COLLIERVILLE, MUNFORD, HOUSTON, GERMANTOWN, OR EVEN BARTLETT AND BOLTON FOR THAT MATTER, LET ALONE BEATING FARAGUT. BEFORE YOU POST MAKE SURE YOU SAY WHAT YOU MEAN. ARE THEY THE BEST IN A, OR THE INTIRE STATE.

sup fellas. now that everyone has had a couple of days to cool off and say what they want to say, does everyone feel better.i made this message board to spark a debate, and it has. it has also put a little more pressure on some teams going into the playoffs. also, ill tell you a little about myself so that you will know why i said this. i wrote for a newspaper in the great state of TN for 15 years. i am recently retired and spend my spare time traveling around the state and watching highschool baseball. i believe that TCA is the best team in the state, in single A, i guess i should have been clearer on that. Farragut is the best team in AAA. also what INTHEKNOW said about the teams out of memphis, all of those teams are really strong. but im still standing behind tca, and them being the best in the state. i have a son who plays highschool ball, and he doesnt play for tca, yet i still believe that person for person they are the best team in the state. will they beat usj this year. they better. they play them today, and i will be at the game. will they win? maybe or maybe not. but the only time that matters is in the playoffs. hey but everyone has opinions and i think that USJ is very hard to beat, but beatable. they have kids like nick latimer and josh lyles and will wallace and ryan ross. these kids are great athletes and if tca is to beat them this is the year it wil happen. will it happen? who knows? someone wanted to know what they did against jcs? tca beat them, and have beat some of the top teams in the state. i have learned that baseball is a sport where anything can happen. and if i was a bettin man, i would put my money on tca in the playoffs, and THEY WILL BE WEARING RINGS IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS, along with the boys from farragut. please, lets continue this debate boys, IM ENJOYIN IT.plus it puts that pressure on the boys, which everyone needs a little of.

I find it funny that everyone sees trinity as being a non competitive school when they are the smallest high school in the state of Tennessee,

Wrong, Nashville School for the Deaf is the smallest school in TN. But Trinity has come a long way since i first started high school. They did used to be horrible but now they do have talent. I am friends with a lot of people at trinity and i know them pretty well. So as for DJ being the best catcher( not quiet). Good but not the best, Josh Liles of USJ is the best catcher in Jackson, maybe one of the tops in single A. And Matt Frazier doesnt throw in the high 80's. Maybe 80. But Daniel Johnson is the best player on the team and he is a very well rounded athlete.

the kid says it all. critics have been silenced, at least for a little while. TCA finally did it. they beat usj. it was a well played ballgame with neither team producing much offense. what a brilliant game by matt frazier, and latimer pitched a heck of a game himself. usj may still be tops in A ball, but TCA is in the rise. usj has some unbelievable athletes and so does trinity, and if you put the two together i dont think anyone would ever beat them. but you cant.this win makes tournament time even more exciting, if thats even possible.usj and trinity have always been a rivalry yet never taken seriously.now they are. they have two huge wins against their crosstown rivals this year in football and in baseball, but i do believe it will be ugly again next year as TCA is losing a lot of their athletes.as for the best team in the state> i still put my money on trinity. its my opinion guys, and you have yours. but hey lets at least let trinity have this one moment that they have worked so hard to get.