Should a game be decided on a technical?

Game today was tied and a kid fell down and they called it on me and i was about..2 feet away from him..and i turned around and looked at the ref and was jumping up and down..and said out loud to myself.."I didnt touch him"..And he gave me a Technical..There was 15 seconds left..what do yall think?

Yes the player should have been call for the tech. You must always show respect for the game and the refs are part of the game and the player was wrong by saying that to the ref. Refs don't decide games. Players and caoches decide games. Just because you have 15 seconds left that does not change the rule book. Call the game the same on both ends and for 4 quarters no matter how much time is left.

I didn't say he should have been called for a tech for jumping up nad down if you read the post that I was talking about, It said the player jumped up and down and said I didn't touch him and thats why he should have gotten the tech. i have seen many games and been and offical for 15 years and you are right to many egos on the floor (officals). In 15 years I may have called 10 techs. But if you can keep from calling one its could help you down the road. And refs dont decide games the rules when applied decide games.

Edited by volnutt

ruber 34-I used to play ball (up until my soph yr) and I played AAU and in the nationals I had a technical for something about as crazy as yours. This guy was running his mouth to me and i stole the ball from him and layed it in,got it out of the net and the guy was all over me and I jus pushed it into his arms and they called a tech on me. It didnt cost us the game but in your case refs dont like it at all when you show emotion towards them. I wasnt there but basketball is filled with emotion and if the refs cant handle that they shouldnt be calling.

Say what you want, but jumping up and down and yelling "I didnt touch him" is going to be taken as showing up an official about 90% of the time. This is not the NBA. Even if you were talking to yourself, its going to sound like you were blasting the official. That's your coach's job (if the complaint is legitimate). If everybody did it, think about how out of control the game would be. Refs are doing you a favor by calling your games. Taking them for granted cannot be tolerated. True, there are some bad referees, but there are just as many good ones. Making a call against you doesn't make a ref bad.

And Idunk2.....I agree.....Calls dont decide games, players & coaches do.

By the way.... I'm a coach and NOT a referee.

Refs are doing you a favor by calling your games. Taking them for granted cannot be tolerated. True, there are some bad referees, but there are just as many good ones. Making a call against you doesn't make a ref bad.

And Idunk2.....I agree.....Calls dont decide games, players & coaches do.

By the way.... I'm a coach and NOT a referee.

No, the refs are doing no one a favor by calling the games they call the games to make extra money on the side. Im sure not very many refs would be calling those games for free.