Tennessee

Redtwin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominic was a very reliable goalie. I have a lot of experience playing with him, and he's a cool guy too. He was really good down low and one on one, probably due to his hockey influences. Hard bounces from mid range were probably his biggest weakness, but he did a pretty good job of seeing the ball overall. I wouldn't rate him as quite a good of an overall athlete as the other guys on the list, and his clearing skills were definitely limited. He was good at stopping the ball though. Not a lot of outside shots were effective.

Yeah, I remember as a freshman Dom trying to teach me how to clear the ball. "Now after you sprint up field, just launch it in someone's general direction. It's their job to catch it."

But he was great at one-on-ones because of hockey. Probably MUS' best goalie ever. He had about three one-on-one saves in the double overtime state championship game vs. MBA.

Ben Bailey is the best team to ever come out of this state. He was the states first all american, and has started everygame at Navy since he arrived on campus. Last season at attack he led the team in scoring, and this year from midfield has also contributed greatly to the team being number 2 in the nation, and almost upset Johns Hopkins. He is widely acknowledged as having one of the best and hardest shots in all of college lacrosse. The kid has no peers from this state.

Ben is a great player who has done wonderful things at Navy. He hasn't started every game since he's been there though, and he wasn't the first all-american from TN either. He is definitely the best offensive player to ever come from out state.

Guest BIGRUSN

Cahill definately shows a lot of potential. He needs a left hand though. the real test will be if he can still generate goals onee caroland and burns are gone. If he can keep up great numbers and lead the team once his time comes he definately has the chance to become a tennessee great.