Cavalier Baseball

disgustedfan

Hey what about those Cavs?

In 2003 they went 14 and 25 and finished tied for last in the district. They lost 8 seniors off that squad. In 2004 they finish the regular season 23-9 and second in the always tough district 7-AAA. They will be losing 3 great senior starters-so the majority of their starters are juniors and sophmores.

The Cavs went 7 and 1 against the "boro" teams-which is a miraclous feat within itself.

6 of the 9 losses were by one run and 4 of those losses were in the 7th inning.

Contgratulations to the coaching staff, players and parents for getting behind the program when it was on the bottom and believing things could change.

We Cav baseball alumni can hold our heads up again and say "Go Cavs"

Now the question is, can the Cavs continue this momentum through the district tourney?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgustedfan....The Cavs are to be congratulated on a great season. Just shows what a dedicated coach and dedicated players are capable of doing with everyone working in the same direction. Riverdale went through the same kind of metamorphosis in 2001. Probably close to last in the district, knocked out of the tournament the first round in the 2000 season. Had some younger talent step up, great young pitchers and a new dedication to winning. Results: 4 straight district titles along with 2 state appearances.

The Cavs have that young talent that will pass along the torch and I forsee several good years ahead for the program. Good things come to those who persevere. Good luck in the up coming tournament. ;););)

huskerdog,

I am willing to put everything I own, which by the way, is a 6 year old ford-a 1300 sq ft house, a $59 timex watch, and a appealing selection of jeans, t-shirts and two collared shirts on the bet that Coach Chaffinn will be rehired.

Please understand my wife and 6 year old's stuff is not included in this wager!!!

Limbaugh-I kinda doubt anyone will come over-sounds if our camp has conceeded 1st to Riverdale and let you boys go through the Blackman pitching first!!!!

We are just excited to be off the bottom and to have swept the boys from Oakland!!!!

Edited by disgustedfan

THERE ARE SEVERAL GROUPS GOING TO THE LEBANON GAME TONITE. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY, YOU GUYS KEEP US POSTED ON WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE GAMES. THEY SHOULD SAVE THE GAS MONEY. AS FAR AS REHIRING THE COACH, THEY FINALLY GOT SOMEONE WHO LOVES THE PROGRAM AND IS WILLING TO PUT IN THE WORK NECESSARY TO WIN. THEY MUST KEEP HIM

Edited by mcdog33

Limbaugh-it's all your fault-if I read this thing correctly-the Cavs open the tourney with White Cty. And if they win (big if) they will probably play Oakland-because Oakland will probably beat their opponent.

Okay-the White Cty boys have already defeated the Cavs-and kept us out of first place-so they know they can beat us-plus they are coming off two huge wins-and they are playing good!

The Oakland boys will be gunning for sweet revenge and will bring everything they have to defeat the Cavs- if the Cavs do not bring their "A" game each night-it could be two and done for the boys who have had a wonderful turn around year.

So as I review this scenario- I have come to the conclusion that Limbaugh is the baseball god-and he has set the Cavs up for a major fall because we defeated Riverdale. He has to be the baseball god because he is the only one that can figure all this stuff out!!!