Richland's Coach

sharpie4014

I just wanted to say that Richlands softball coach is a wonderful coach!Coach Taylor knows what he is doing,though he may get mad at you,he will forget when they game is over!He is always there for his players and wants the best for them.He never brings you down,he keeps you up and going,he makes you laugh no matter the situation!There is nothing he wouldn't do his players.He will get kicked out of games just for sticking up for his players.He would rather us(his players)stay in the game and win it for him,than one of us leaving and not getting to play the game.Some people from Chapel Hill said that we the players and our coach had "bad sportsmanship."Well i just wanted to say that if you have never really been around any of us then you don't need to say anything like that.The Richland Raiders have wonderful sportsmanship and want everyone to do good just as bad as us.I wish everyone good luck in the tournaments today!And once again..Coach you mean a lot to your team! :unsure:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why Richland players and fans sat on the Forrest side at Culleoka Saturday during the game and talked about our players, coaches, and fans. I think R ichalnd does have a good team and great players but sometimes their attitudes (players coaches and fans) are terrible. Guess we'll see what comes out of Mondays game

Just so you know, coaches pick their own players for All District, then turn in who they want on the team. I don't like the fact that the coach of a team has the ability to blackball a player, if for some reason they don't always see eye to eye. I feel that all coaches throughout the district should nominate players to be voted on by all coaches(head and assistant)to get a true all district team. If I'm not mistaken this is how the All District tourney team is picked. Therefore why not use the same format for the regular season.

You are right the girl deserved to be on the team along with several other girls. But to holler out your girl is better then any of them while the girls are getting their pictures taken is really tacky. This isn't a final judgement on who is the best, just awards to thank some girls for their hard work. Last year Kori Knight didn't make the district team but made the state team.... How did that happen? I'm sure every team has girls that deserve to be on the district team that don't make it. And speaking of Tacky... Booing Coach Cheatham getting the coach of the year award was pretty low. It doesn't matter to me if you like her or hate her you don't do that kind of thing with all the girls present. That is just setting a poor example of sportsmanship. At least I've never seen HER flip off an umpire! Can you say the same for your coach? On the tournament team a few of the girls overlooked..... Forrest second baseman Casey Dowler was outstanding, Kalah Mathis in center just makes it look easy and Leanne Richardson just keeps getting it done when we need her. Great Job Girls! Good Luck In Regions for both teams.

P.S. Your catchers grandfather sat on our side for a game and is a great guy I know most of the Richland fans are good people. So lets all put this petty stuff aside and show 12A what playing softball is all about!!

I will have to agree with jmoses about how tacky it was for the Richland fans to boo Chapel Hill's coach. If you wanted to boo someone you should have booed the umps. They made bad calls all through the night and all Chapel Hill did was play ball. I am glad Chapel Hill won it but I feel sorry for Richland to go out that way at the plate. From where I was at the girl was out, but that was a judgement call and now Richland and Chapel Hill will go on and show them what they can do. All I have to say is work hard and both of the teams will advance on. Just be glad your season isn't over.

I only wish my daughter could have played high school softball for Coach Cheatham. She is the best coach in the district whether you like her or not. At Culleoka, we have had 3 coaches in 4 yrs. There is no way to develop a program like that. We were loaded with 7 seniors this season and if they had played their entire softball career for Coach Cheatham, we would be where Forrest is now. She is a coach that knows how to make things happen. That team does not know how to loose. I am envious because we are out of it. At least Richland can go on to the region. As for the player that did not make all-district, she IS one of the best ball players out there, so it doesn't always seem right-the way the votes go. She knows who she is and she is awesome and a great girl too. Good luck to Richland and Forrest-hope you BEAT district 12!! There is not nearly the competition in that district than in ours!!