DII Regions

frying nemo

to be honest, i dont think the seeding matters whatsoever in this tournament. Get this...JPII beat MBA 2-1/ Ryan beat JPII 3-1/ MBA beat Ryan 2-1.....Ryan beat BA 8-0/ BA tied MBA 0-0...the only truly consistent team has been BGA..Goodluck to all teams though...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100%. I think Ryan is probally the hottest team right now though, they did just lose to MBA but they were on a roll before that and losing is probally good for them becuase it will keep their heads level going into the tourny. I think that MBA will be very angry heading into the first round and that could make them very dangerous also they get glaser back from what i hear. JP2's confidence is going to be sky high and that is what a young team like them needs going into region. USN has been fairly quiet all year which is dangerous because it seems to be that the quiet teams always make surprises in the postseason. BA has proven that it can compeat by tieing MBA and JP2 and then it lost a fluke to USN 1-0, also they are coming of a win against FRA which like JP2 is a huge confidence booster for a team like them heading into the tournament. I don't even know how the seedings line up now, but its all about who come to play becuase the #2 and #3 spots are wide open for whoever wants them.

ok my state predictions

REGIONS WILL END UP IN THIS ORDER

MIDDLE- #1 BGA, #2 MBA, #3 Ryan*

WEST-#1 CBHS, #2 ECS, #3 MUS

EAST-#1 Catholic, #2 Baylor

*MBA and Father Ryan could be fliped depends on whose bracket MBA ends up playing but i think MBA is the better team.

So that makes it first round in state...

MBA/Ryan (#3) v Catholic... Catholic probably wins but an upset could likely happen if they play MBA

CBHS v MBA/Ryan (#2)... CBHS hands down

BGA v MUS... likely the most evenly matched game of the first round but i'm going to go with BGA

ECS v Baylor... another close game but ECS seems to play good in big games and baylor has had an up and down season so ECS

Second round

Catholic v CBHS... Good game but it'll probablly be a repeat of last year, close but CBHS wins

BGA v ECS... ECS will probablly be out to prove themselves against thier earlier thrashing by BGA. Another great game, really is a toss up, but ill go with BGA.

Finals

BGA v CBHS... ah what a game it'll be. CBHS proved themselves against Farragut while BGA didn't. so I'm going with the 5peat (its 5 years in a row right?)

I think DII is loaded this year so every game could go anyway goodluck to everyone.

My predictions for the Middle Region Tournament held at BGA

Quarterfinals:

MBA over MTCS

Father Ryan over JPII (very close game, chance for a big upset)

BA over USN

Semifinals:

BGA over BA (closer game than regular season though)

MBA over Father Ryan (another potential upset special)

Finals:

BGA over MBA

Consolation:

Father Ryan over BA