7a all district

choker12

This has to be a sick joke, that Hudson didnt get player of the year? Will someone please clarify if this is true? If so this has to be the most pathetic stuff I have seen in two years! In saying that I remember two years ago RBS had a basketball team to go 10-0 in the district and a 8-2 coach got the coach of the year. Well if this is true, the positive side is that RBS is used to getting shafted! But I know Marcus and he is not all about individual awards anyways and I am sure he could care less whether he got it or not, but if he didnt, this shows alot about this district! I am not saying that the Bowman Kid is not a good player, I am just saying that Marcus is and he backed it up! Good Luck To All!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowman has no one to compliment him at Clarkrange. Put him on RBS and it may be a toss up as to who pitches first in the rotation. And I think batting average probably had something to do with it also. I find it hard to believe that Hudson could hit as well as Bowman. Come on muffin and jimbob, you don't have to be on the #1 team in district to be player of the year. What about ARod last year with the Rangers?? If this kid new what it felt like to pitch with a defense behind him I'm sure his record would be as good if not better than Hudson's. I believe this is what the coaches thought also. Put these two on the same team and Bowan is the better player. This is an individual award not a team award.

The two awards are suppost to be equal. Pitcher was voted on first and Marcus got all 6 votes. After that we voted for player and Bowman beat out Mclerran. I don't think anyone was slighted. Six years ago Coach Elrod and myself thought up the idea of a all district team and awards to recognize players who have had good years. It was never meant to start contreversy or get people slammed on coacht. I felt that both those guys are standout players and they both deserved awards. However, over the past two years I have recieved many complaints about all district players and the bad part is it's not people from Monterey. I had a parent jump me during the district tournament last year during a game, because thier son didn't win an award. It has become more trouble than its worth. Which is sad.

I agree with you 100% Loop. A lot of the parents and some of the players are just looking out for themself. That's how some of the parents are every where. We have a few over here in Jackson Co. Hopefully none of your coaches in 7A get jumped on like Coach King does over here. He's a good coach and doesn't deserve the head aches he gets from a certain players parents. I didn't mean to get off the subject. Hudson and Bowman are both good players and deserved the awards they got.

If Bowman and Marcus was on the same team it would be a toss up between who would pitch first. Marcus hasn't give up over 5 runs in the district games he has pitched. RBS went down to Clarkrange and had about 10 or 11 runs off of Bowman. I ain't taking nothing away from Bowman he's a good ballplayer, but when it was said that if these two were on the same team it would be a toss up of who would pitch first in the rotation it caught my eye. Marcus beat Monterey 4-0, beat clay 10-1, beat Picket 10-0, and came in at the final innings against Monterey and only give up 1 or 2 runs.

Nick did not get pitcher of the year. He received player of the year. Hudson is the better pitcher, not to say that Nick is bad. He pitches very well, but I believe he is a better fielder. Nick pitched against Pickett tonight and gave up 8 runs. 7 were unearned. He had 12 K's 3 for 4 hitting, and 4 or 5 RBI's. The kid can also play the field as good or better than anyone I have seen all year. I don't recall him missing a play on defense. I also believe he batted right below .600 for the year. Not for sure how well the guy from Celina is, but he would have to be pretty darn good overall to beat Nick out. Attitude wise Nick is great, always putting in extra work. If there was 6 of him on a team, your looking at state easy, because he can definitely do it all. So let the kid enjoy what he has earned, he deserved it, as did anyone who was up for the award. Let's move on and wish 7a luck in the regions.