District 11-AAA Tournament

FHSrebel27

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REBELS! REBELS! REBELS!

Ahh, how exciting! What a great game by both teams. Could have been about 3 or 4 to 1 but what amazing play by the Centennial keeper. I think the quote I heard was "he's too good." He had great save after great save after great save to keep his Cougars in it.

Really shouldn't have gone to OT. There was a blatant hand ball right before the Centennial goal with about 15 seconds left in the half. But hey, it's just the district semis... we didn't need a three-man crew out there, nah.

Ryan Nichols- I just can't get over how fast the kid is. He picked up both goals for the Rebels tonight, including the game-winner about 4 or 5 minutes into the first 10 minute period of OT. The entire team is just playing great soccer right now. They've changed some thigns up and it's looking good.

Rematch of the 4/20 game with Brentwood (pending the BHS result... they were leading 3-0 with 6 and change to play in the first when I left) tomorrow night. There is no love between those two teams and rest assured that some members of the Rebels haven't forgotten some of the stuff said on here after the regular season game. It'd be great to win tomorrow night but I'm fairly confident in that it won't be the last time FHS and BHS meet up this postseason. GO REBELS!

Holland hasn't played much at keeper this year. They've actually used him out in the field more than anything. As to why they've been going with Rex over O'Conner... I don't know that there's a specific reason. There's been several changes since the losing streak and it looks like they're working. He's been doing real well though and looks to have a bright future at keeper for the Rebs. He made a couple big saves tonight... that being said, I'm still amazed at the Centennial keeper. There were a couple times I was just like "there's no way he should have been able to do that." Doesn't he post on here? Or wait, is that GK05? Maybe I'm just totally confused. Anyhow, he was great.