gameday24?

hummer3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have learned my lesson about stating my opinions on this board, but let's have a friendly argument about this.

I would rate Halls on a level with South Doyle, Maryville, and William Blount. I would rate Powell on a level with Heritage, Bearden, and West. Other than that I don't think another District 3 team would stack up - game to game with District 4 with the exception of Sevier County.

Look at the head to head records between the teams the past couple of years. As badly as West played, they were approximately 10-1 vs. District 3 in the past two years with the lone loss being a 9-8 decision to Powell.

I'm not intending to flame, just stating my opinion based on my knowledge of games.

I'll agree that games between the districts are tough to measure during the season because coaches are saving their best pitching for district games. I'll also agree that district 3 was stronger in 2004 vs. 2003.

But the fact that district 4 has been generally successful against district 3 would indicate deeper pitching staffs, if nothing else.

If Karns had won the tournament, I think there's a good chance that both Farragut and South Doyle would have won their opening regional games. As it worked out, though, Halls was certainly good enough against South Doyle.

I'll reiterate, I'm pulling for both Halls and Farragut to make it to the state finals.

well i can tell you that Halls has made its statement, Powell beat Maryville , SD West and William Blount... Karns can also play with any of them... looks like 3AAA can compete to me!

I will agree that the districts are even. However, Powell lost to WB. Get your facts correct before posting.

Ok well first off I agree with Bazballguy25 besides Farragut District 4AAA is NOT any better than 3AAA.

You can say that Powell got beat 20-2 to Farragut but they also threw 2 freshmen pitchers big deal. Not saying that if Powell would have thrown a better guy they would have won but just statin the facts.

ALso, Bizazz you can post West record on here against 3AAA teams and that does say something being 10-1, but you are correct neither team has ever thrown their better pitchers because it's not district games. So that really doesn't say much

ATLBRAVES25, you can say Halls got beat by Bearden and West but if I'm not mistaken SD lost to Bearden as well??? If you ask me just looks like the top 3 teams in 3AAA and the 2-5 in 4AAA are even. Any of the teams could beat each other on any given day.

I mean you can say that the 3AAA teams lost to whoever but you also have to remember Powell has beat West, SD, Maryville, and WB.

Also in the last 3 years I do believe Powell is 4-1 vs. Maryville who is considered one of the top teams year in year out in 4AAA

Altbraves who is the team that you support?So what who beats who during the season.The season is now! You still play the game every day to see who wins or loses.Halls and Farragut will be a good game.Who ever loses is playing Friday.That is the season!! It's not where you start but where you finish.I'm sure lots of teams would love to be where Halls and Farragut are today and Friday.If Halls finishes Friday that's a great season and only builds for next season.I would only think that fans of area baseball would love to see 2 Knoxville teams in the state.GO HALLS!!!

Imrightyourwrong, The reason we are leaving Farragut out of this is because the other day Gameday24 was trying to say that the 2-5 teams in 4AAA are better than anybody in 3AAA and sorry to tell you that definately is not the case. I mean when Powell beats the # 2 team in 4AAA and so does Halls???? Nobody can say anything about the 2-5 teams being better than 3AAA. But I goodluck to both teams tonight. I hope you both go to Memphis!

We're beating a dead horse here but this is strictly my opinion:

Take Karns, Powell, Oak Ridge and Central and play against South Doyle, Maryville, William Blount, and Heritage (#s 2-5 in both districts) in a 3 game series and I believe district 4 would win more than lose. One of my reasons for saying this is that I believe district 4 has more pitching when you get past #1 & #2 in the rotation.

I'll give you that if the teams were to face off with their #1 pitchers, the games would be more even. But a district schedule is won with depth, not just #1 pitchers.