Martin vs Kingsbury

atzi

Good game Martin Westview against USJ

What I know about Kingsbury is only what I saw preseason at the Jackson Jamboree. They have a fairly new team of many nationalities. From Africa, Central America, Palestine etc. The school specializes in foreign language help to English language. There is much talent there but they have not been able to win as a team.

Martin should not have a lot of trouble.

USJ should win their game against Sheffield.

Edited by atzi

I agree that Martin should not have a difficult time with Kingsbury. I watched them in the jamboree against Haywood. Haywood won 2-0 in just the half. Your assessment of them is pretty accurate, some quality skilled players, but they don't function well as a team. Martin does. Martin wins. Does anyone know what time this game will be played?

I'm not certain USJ will beat Sheffield. That will be the tighter game. Sheffield has suffered some big losses... mainly their goalie who broke his leg. But, they still have a little talent and a few guys that can finish up front. USJ will have their hands full. I think this one is too close to call for me, could go either way. I think each team will put a few in the net. USJ is definitely stronger defensively, but Sheffield I believe has the stronger offense. I've seen them each play 3 times this season, but the schools haven't faced each other in a few years. It'll be a good one with a lot on the line. Good luck to both teams.

If Westview doesn't entirely lost their focus, they should handle Kingsbury without any problem.

Sheffield/USJ should be an interesting match. I saw Sheffield get mauled by Henry County at the USJ tourney. USJ could win, but they will have to be on top of their game. I'll pick Sheffield by a coin toss.

Go Martin!! All of District 13 are behind you!! Bring it home Chargers!!!

Martin looked to be on top of their game last night. They cut through USJ like a hot knife through butter. USJ is young and will be awesome in 1-2 years.

I pick Martin over Kingsbury by 4.

USJ will have a tough time with Sheffield - How about Sheffield by 2?

Is this gambling? :o

Edited by Bald one

Anyone have details on how this game went? Who scored for Martin? I watched the Sheffield - USJ game. It was a really good game. USJ was winning at half 2-1, and they had a few great opportunities to score early in the 2nd half, on a break away and a few corners. USJ struggled finishing up front as they have most of the season. Sheffield tied it up midway thru the 2nd half, and scored the winning goal a few minutes later on a beautiful header off a corner kick. Hard fought game. USJ is very young and I think they will be very solid for the next few years. Good luck to Sheffield and Martin at state.

Edited by Svebakken

we (westview) started off very slow and kingsbury scored the first goal but not long after that krissada scored to tie it up right before the half. then in the second half we had two quick goals by ezell and nethery. ezell also scored again later and hurt also put in two in the second half.