Lacrosse?

illpete23

I've been playing baseball since just before my 4th birthday and I just turned 20. So I guess you could say that I'm a life long baseball player. But I've seen the women's college game of lacrosse on TV a couple of times and my ex-girlfriend's mother played when she was growing up and said it was fun. So why don't some of y'all Lacrosse players lay down the basic fundamentals of the game and why y'all like to play the game...

I'll Thank y'all in advance

lacrosse is like hockey, same basic rules, same basic feild set up, same positions. but in lacrosse the players wear about 1/3 of the pads of a hockey player. the ball is thrown in the air as in girls lacrosse but that is about the only thing that ties the 2 sports together, and also the goals(shape). there are 10 people on the feild at a time, 3 defensemen, 3 middies, 3 attackman, and 1 golie. there always must be atleast 3 players on each side(not including the golie) and the middies can go over the midfeild line to play offense and or defense. you can go see a game at Vandy or a highschool game, that will give you a lot better explanation to the game

girls arent allowed to body check like guys are, they also dont have any set boundaries so the ref kinda has to guess. i dont know if they have offsides like guys do, but they do have a goalie. Defenders in mens lacrosse have a 6 foot long pole as opposed the the middies and attackmen who have 3 foot sticks. However girls have only one length stick which is about 3 to 4 feet long. In men you are allowed to have a pocket in you stick head as long as its within reason while in womens lacrosse there is relativly no pocket at all. a pocket is the depth of the mesh that holds the ball. Thats about all I know about girls lacrosse.