Where Is the AAA state touney held?

DcFan06

Memphis (Tournament Games and Schedules)

http://www.tssaa.org/2003Champions/StateBa...ssAAA/State.htm

AAA games before the championship game are at Gagliano Field and Sowell Field. Coming in from I-40 to the northeast, take I-240 (Exit 10) to Exit 17, Mount Moriah Road. At the top of the ramp, turn left. First light is the other offramp from 240, second light is American Way, third light is Mendenhall, be in the left lane when you get to that light, and the park is immediately on the left after Mendenhall. You'll probably best notice the light towers for Halle (Football) Stadium, it's the same park.

As an addendum to that, don't follow the directions to Gagliano/Sowell that are on the memphissports.org site. My dad works right by there and runs a truck line (in other words, he knows his way arond the area), and he said he had no idea where those directions will get you. I guess it might get there, but it will take you a ton longer than mine.

Also, make sure you don't go to their CBU directions. It's nowhere near CBU and, quite frankly, it's a part of town to avoid, generally. Either take Poplar towards downtown, left on East Parkway, left at the first light (Central), left at the next light (Early Maxwell to the right, CBU parking lot to the left) or, if you're coming in on 40, get all the way to the left lane after you pass the Sycamore View exit (Exit 12) to stay straight on Sam Cooper Blvd. It will dead-end in East Parkway, turn left. I think it's the third light after you turn left on East Parkway...it's the first one after Poplar, same as above.

Why is AAA playing at horrible feilds like that? from what i have heard they aren't even average feilds to play on.....what about houston, and germantown, and feilds like that ...or bolton.....not at some babe ruth park

I haven't been by lately, but I've heard they're in really good shape this year.

And actually, I think Crichton College plays their home games there.

Gagliano/Sowell are two of the best fields in Memphis. Its the home of the Memphis Tigers, as well as two collages. UofM played there while Nat Bering was being worked on. As for CBU great part of town nothing to be worried about. right across from the board of ed. you can see Liberty Bowl Stadium from the field.

Gagliano/Sowell are two of the best fields in Memphis. Its the home of the Memphis Tigers, as well as two collages. UofM played there while Nat Bering was being worked on. As for CBU great part of town nothing to be worried about. right across from the board of ed. you can see Liberty Bowl Stadium from the field.

I wouldn't say it's a great part of town, but it's OK. The website's directions send you to Crump and Georgia, which is, you might say, not a great part of town, and not CBU either.

One big advantage (and it's one the TSSAA is blowing if they don't move the Munford/Farragut matchup to Gagliano, I'm afraid) is that Gagliano has one of the biggest seating areas in town for a baseball park.