WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always loved Bumbi ever since this past CC season when he killed everyone. I love the fact that our dear old state of TN hosts one of the nation's top distance runners. I have more respect for him than any other runner in TN except for my own teammates. I respect Strang, too. It's just that whole anemia thing sounds kinda fishy to me. He didn't break 17:00 all year until his explosion at Optimist and then he just keeps coming down from the all-state level to the national scene in a month's time. I am glad he got to win something, but I also would have liked to see Bumbi triple as a junior.

After CC, I thought Bumbi would win all 3. Only a few doubted me (runnerboy being one of them). Then I saw how strong the D2 800 was gonna be and how fresh legs might outkick Bumbi, so I changed my mind. Then after his Arcadia 2 Mile, I changed my mind again and said he will triple. But, he didn't. He will next year and he is still the best runner in TN and will be the nation's best next year. 2 state records as a junior. I can't wait to see his 800 next year........

Edited by Runthe800

I don't really follow track much, but I do follow Coacht and I was reading this. Congratulations to "Bumbi" an a great season and congrats to Strang as well. Now, now mom, let's be nice on here, I understand that you did recognize the talent of both runners, but funny how your intuition comes up now that the meet is over. I only reread this thread not any others, but I did not see you calling Strang as the winner of anything. I saw where you hoped he would win at least one. Anyway, good job to all of those who qualified for state, that is quite an accomplishment.

First of all, I have learned the hard way never to predict that anyone will win anythng. There are just too many unknowns. I try to always say that I hope or I wish that so and so does this or that because that is all I can really do. All I know about James Strang is things that local people have told me. I know he had a serious iron deficiency during crosscountry that kept him out to the end of the season. I know that every race I've seen him run that he give 110%. He goes to a good school and he takes running seriously. I like to see local kids do well. I also like to see underdogs do well. It keeps things interesting. Losing in the 800 to Strang did nothing to tarnish AB's image in anyway. Strang is also a great runner. He represented Baylor school and the city of Chattanooga very well.