Most underated teams

kick4pat

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep thinking that if it makes you feel better.

3-1/8-1/5-0

Hey Seldon, take it easy...he was agreeing with you

Calm down Seldon. I agree that Farragut was the class of the field and was only pointing out that picking out one game from some distant point in the season means nothing.

Calm down Seldon. I agree that Farragut was the class of the field and was only pointing out that picking out one game from some distant point in the season means nothing.

What a silly statement. I am perfectly calm and really can't understand how you are perceiving anything I have written as being anything other than calm. Trust me, if I were agitated about anything you may have posted, you'd know it.

Edited by Seldon

QUOTE FROM A PREVIOUS POSTER: "I imagine a match-up between Farragut and CBHS later in the season would have had a considerably different outcome. In the early season, Farragut was dealing with several key players out/hampered with injuries and mono. By tourney time, they were riding the crest of a futbol tidal wave."

You can imagine all you want to, but that's all it will be: your imagination. A loss is a loss. "Excuses are like (a certain body part): they stink and everybody has one."

Plus, I don't buy it anyway. Farragut may have had injuries and illness but CBHS had just graduated 11 seniors and lost a 12th outstanding player – Coleman Whitsitt – to transfer.

You can imagine all you want to, but that's all it will be: your imagination. A loss is a loss. "Excuses are like (a certain body part): they stink and everybody has one."

Plus, I don't buy it anyway. Farragut may have had injuries and illness but CBHS had just graduated 11 seniors and lost a 12th outstanding player – Coleman Whitsitt – to transfer.

No excuses were offered. CBHS won the head-to-head matchup between the two teams. But facts are fact: at the time, FHS had several highly debilitating injuries to key players and another 1-2 starters out with mono. All but one of those players had returned and were "up-to-par" by the end of the season. I believe is was quite obvious that by the end of the season, Farragut was playing at a considerably higher level than earlier when the two teams met. My statement was based on these observations. If you believe that there is no validity in my statement then you are either too bias to form an intelligent opinion or just simply uneducated to the realities of athletic competition.

As for having graduated 11 seniors, so what? That was last year. Farragut ALSO graduated 11 seniors LAST YEAR, including several all-region, all-state and current college players. In case you missed the point, LAST YEAR IS IRRELEVANT TO THIS YEAR! Geez, if you're going to attempt to argue a point, at least use relevant data.

Facts of the 2004 season:

1. CBHS beat Farragut head-to-head in an early season match-up

2. CBHs lost in the quarterfinals of the DII state tourney

3. Farragut won the AAA state tourney handily

4. Farragut finished the season as the #1 team in the country.

Draw your own conclusions.

Tacker Dad, am I missing something? What does graduating players have to do with a loss this year?? What the poster was saying is that had Farragut played CBHS later in the season, a different result would have happened. Farragut sat starters and had some injuries that hobbled their best players in the first game, and proof of the pudding is where was CBHS in states, they were home early and Farragut BEAT, not won, BEAT, their opponents bad. Had Farragut played CBHS at the end of the year with a healthy team, Farragut would have dominated, in fact, in the first game, Farragut outshot, had two goals called back, ( which a picture was on Coach t showwing the goal was not offsides that a newspaper reporter had taken) And the outstanding player Whittset played on Houston this year and at states Farragut whipped them 5-0. Their is no doubt that the best team at the time in counted in Tennessee was Farragut. And they might have lost to CBHS early, but they are State Champions and CBHS is not. I saw CBHS play 5 times this year and Farragut at least that many. I am defending someone who was not even in our division, BUT, I kept track of facts and numbers and records and Watched all the teams and Congrats to Farragut they had a great year