Cak,Coalfield,or Midway Who will be King!

Freak4Football

Both QBs Hill and Mull have fairly good arms but when comparing to Austin James or Even Ricky Lowe who has left there not really in comparison. Keeping Coalfields qbs healthy this season is really an issue if hill goes out because of his size mull who is about 6 even and about 155 is not saying much for the offensive health status because of size.....size matters!!!!Hill is going to have to learn how to scramble in tough situations..... for not knowing how to could get him killed...

Edited by Freak4Football

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clock thing is just a big joke now and will continue to be mentioned as long as Coalfield plays football. It is part of the program's history. As for Ricky Lowe. He is one of the best pure athletes to ever come out of Coalfield. There have been others, and there will be more. He was unselfish, he wanted to win and gave it his all. If you ask me that makes him special. Special players want to play for themselves, the school and the Community (CAK has no geographic Community to play for or identify with, what a shame). He did that. Fearbong has, and will do the same. The heart and soul of that Coalfield team was the want to win. They just couldn't get it done for numerous reasons. Just remember; things change. That means look out, Coalfield's fat lady aint sung yet.

Edited by CYJacket

Why does everyone think that Austin James is not a good Quarterback? He has thrown for nearly 6500 yards. He can make things happen. He has won 31 games as a starter. Last year he only had one receiver with any experience at all (Trae Helton). Walker, O'Hara, and Morton were all first year football players. Stockton only started his senior year. Greenback's O-Line is the biggest its been since 1987. K. Dailey 6'2'' 230, C. Dailey 6'3'' 275, H. Hampton 5'11'' 280, J. Hammontree 6'3'' 230, D. Kelley 5'10'' 240, H. Waddell 5'9 260, D. McClurg 6'3'' 210, D. Sandlin 5'11'' 200, N. McCarter 6'4 220. The last couple of years our line averaged about 200 lbs., This year our smallest possible starter is only 200 lbs. Torrey McClurg, Cody Burkett, and Derek Bookout are all fullbacks over 200 lbs. Greg Way should have plenty of blocking. Thomas McDonald and Matt Long can catch the ball. We also have a couple of freshmen who can run and catch. I think that it should be another good year for the Nation. Not denying that Oneida, CAK, Midway, and Coalfield will be tough. It seems as though many people have already counted us out when we have arguably the best two athletes in the region. Our schrimmages were not a good reflection of how we are. We played alot of people trying to give everyone a chance to see how they would do. Also Hammontree was hurt and did not play, but now he is bigger and stronger than ever. Greenback also has the most coaches its had in a while. We now have 8 coaches on staff. So where we are weak, we have alot of people working to get us better. Good luck to everyone in our region. I look forward to seeing some good games this year.

You have a large group of guys on the line- but very few with experience. Matt Long couldn't catch a cold, and MacDonald will have to carry a ladder to out jump DB's to make receptions.

James's numbers are at the mercy of his recievers. Helton, Morton, last year-

Irvin and Dustin (I can't remember that kids name??) from the year before. Let's see what James does this year with a bit of adversity before we crown him golden boy. Will he deliver or will he crumble up and fold like he did vs. CAK in the play-off's?

As for having the 2 best athletes in the region-- I only count one. Greg Way is for real. The kid runs hard, plays with heart and doesn't give up. James has done nothing to show me he is a gamer--- and watching him on the field-- he isn't fast, agile, quick or strong. Playing both sides of the ball doesn't make you an athlete-- it means you go to a small school.

I see GB having a rough year. I don't have a clue what the other teams have lost due to graduation-- but it can't be as much as the Cherokees lost. They have fallen far.

I suspect that Oneida will contend, along with CAK. Midway will be tough for GB who play this year at Midway. Coalfied was good competition last season, and I suspect they will be strong again.

My guess is that GB will end the season 5-5, possibly 4-6. The trip through the tourney should be short, and the boys will be at hoops practice quickly.

You have a large group of guys on the line- but very few with experience. Matt Long couldn't catch a cold, and MacDonald will have to carry a ladder to out jump DB's to make receptions.

James's numbers are at the mercy of his recievers. Helton, Morton, last year-

Irvin and Dustin (I can't remember that kids name??) from the year before. Let's see what James does this year with a bit of adversity before we crown him golden boy. Will he deliver or will he crumble up and fold like he did vs. CAK in the play-off's?

As for having the 2 best athletes in the region-- I only count one. Greg Way is for real. The kid runs hard, plays with heart and doesn't give up. James has done nothing to show me he is a gamer--- and watching him on the field-- he isn't fast, agile, quick or strong. Playing both sides of the ball doesn't make you an athlete-- it means you go to a small school.

Well nole, spreading your "facts" as you call them? I'm curious, do you or have you ever played football? IF you had, you'd get an honest look at stats and "facts" as you call them and stop replacing them with prejudice. It's pretty easy spreading venom from behind a keyboard. IF you knew James, like you think you do, you'd know he has always given the credit to his receivers. IF you knew as much as you think you do about football, you'd know, it takes good receivers to catch the ball, that IS a fact, but it also takes someone to pass the ball with accuracy. Over 6,500 yards in three years. Have you done that? Have you scored over 30 touchdowns in three years? Have you even played? As far as your reference to the CAK game, you must not have even been there, so your report is inaccurate as usual. You say he's not an athlete, well, all I've got to say for you is, you're blinded by your jealousy and you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about. And I don't think James has to show you anything for your approval cause it really doesn't matter. In numerous quotes on different topics you've constantly cut his playing ability down and you're intitled to your opinion, but I think it really just goes to show what a small person you really are.

Tracer-

you are entitled to your opinion too, and that is fine.

I'm just giving my opinion on what I see from a kid who has been told his whole career he is a "great athlete". I've been around, worked with, and played with great athletes. And Austin James isn't one of them. He doesn't show the work ethic, desire, leadership, or modesty that it takes to be a great athlete.

My last question, if the kid is so good-- why aren't any major colleges trying to recruit him?

Edited by NOLE

Tracer-

you are entitled to your opinion too, and that is fine.

I'm just giving my opinion on what I see from a kid who has been told his whole caree he is a "great athlete". I've been around, worked with, and played with great athletes. And Austin James isn't one of them. He doesn't show the work ethic, desire, leadership, or modesty that it takes to be a great athlete.

My last question, if the kid is so good-- why aren't any major colleges trying to recruit him?

So...I take it that you personally know this "kid"? And, who says there aren't colleges looking at him? My curiousity is why you're so abusive of Austin. If he's been told his "whole career" he's a great athlete by other people, why does that threaten you so much? And how would you know anything about his work ethic? You haven't been out there on 90+ degree days when he's throwing, working out, running bleachers, wind-sprints, etc, on his own. You're not there in the weight room. How do you know anything you claim? Just by your attitude, I don't know how anyone could take anything you say serious. How can you talk "ethics" when you show none in your posts? Somebody talking "facts" or "ethics" as you like to call them would have proof to back up what they're saying. All you really have is your opinion. You need to learn the difference between the three of them.

Like I said Tracer- that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

The facts I am refering to are th ones I see when I watch practice, or see him play in a game. It is undenyable that he has a bad attitude...

I've seen it at football, I've seen him do it at basketball too.

And there is a big difference between "ethics" and work ethic. I am glad he is working out in 90+ heat and in the weight room working out. Good for him, and good for the Cherokees...

Edited by NOLE