Hey Devilfanatic!

ShutupandPlay

Sounds like you guys had a great camp all in all. We would like to find out when your boys 5&6th grade tournaments are so that we might enter them. I know that Rickman had a good tournament last year but for some reason our teams have not been attending. If you get a chance and find out let me know as i have talked to the new coach down here and he wants to enter them if its possible.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allons usually has theirs just before fall break. We now call it a jamboree..sort of preseason, but goes very well and kind of lets everyone know where they stand and what work they need to do. I'll let you know the exact dates before long. Rickman's is usually around Christmas time.

Edited by ShutupandPlay

Sounds good that info would be definately be appreciated, i thought that Rickman's tournament was somewhere in between thanksgiving and christmas but wasn't real sure. I was up there last year and watched one of my AAU players play in it, he plays for Cornerstone (baxter), he was the big, tall, blonde headed kid, another good player in this area.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Devil, the USA Bantam Jamboree at Allons will be held Sept. 20 through Oct. 2. Invitations have been sent to JCMS, but I told you I'd let you know. Entries should be returned by Sept. 1.

825306765[/snapback]

What age group is this? We don't even have a 7th and 8th grade coach right now but might bring sixth grade.

• 2 weeks later...
So is Allons gonna actually win state this year?

They could if they had a coach! haha

Just playing, Allons has a great coach, he has supplied the local highschool with plenty of talent. The local highschool just needs a coach to put it all together.

I want one of those "We dont rebuild, we Reload" shirts please.

825325391[/snapback]

You mean win state "again"?! I agree, if Allons just had a coach.... :o I hear you gotta be in the 'ELITE' group to get one of those shirts...gotta know the right person.

• 3 weeks later...

:lol: I agree with u on that it would be nice to see the Local High School with a coach that could put 2 and 2 together . Its all about politics in LA Basketball though. You might have the talent and the size but that dont mean crap at LA. If u dont have someone on the inside cheering u on . U will not play and will not ever get the chance. I know that from personal stand point. To bad no one else can see this, oh well. Go Richard u are the only chance LA has. Keep feeding the talent or LA basketball will never hold up.

So is Allons gonna actually win state this year?

They could if they had a coach! haha

Just playing, Allons has a great coach, he has supplied the local highschool with plenty of talent. The local highschool just needs a coach to put it all together.

I want one of those "We dont rebuild, we Reload" shirts please.

825325391[/snapback]

DCA[/url]T FAN' date='Sep 21 2004 - 02:16 PM']:unsure:  I agree with u on that it would be nice to see the Local High School with a coach that could put 2 and 2 together .  Its all about politics in LA Basketball though.  You might have the talent and the size but that dont mean crap at LA.  If u dont have someone on the inside cheering u on .  U will not play and will not ever get the chance.  I know that from personal stand point.  To bad no one else can see this, oh well.  Go Richard u are the only chance LA has.  Keep feeding the talent or LA basketball will never hold up.

825350143[/snapback]

Overton county isn't the only county like this, for the most part its all about the politics, they want you to win but they want little johnnie to play and it doesn't matter if he can't even dribble just as long as he's out there! lol Thats why i stick to AAU, no politics involved, and there are just as many scouts or more at AAU tournaments. thumb

You are right Devil. Thats the way alot of highschools are today. However, the ones who go by politics need to realize that they are setting a bad example. Also, highschool is a point in time where ball players learn the most. I think that they would learn more in highschool (with a coach with a little know how) than they would in AAU.

You are right Devil. Thats the way alot of highschools are today. However, the ones who go by politics need to realize that they are setting a bad example. Also, highschool is a point in time where ball players learn the most. I think that they would learn more in highschool (with a coach with a little know how) than they would in AAU.

825353361[/snapback]

I definately agree that the high school experience is one that they will remember the rest of thier lives, and yes if they are in the right system with a good coach then they will learn alot, thats for sure. I was merely speaking from the coaching side of it, as i just coach AAU. It's much easier, alot less headaches and alot less politics! thumb